Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Meet The Flock

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Meet The Flock

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:20 am

Brandon, I don't see things the way I want to see them. I see what it's on the video. If a bird leans back, turns his head toward our hand without bowing it or grabs our hand/finger with his beak, stop and move your hand back (especially if it's softly growling as he was). Don't put your hand closer, don't touch the bird, don't move your hand to another spot on his body or try again in two seconds flat.

There is no shame in misreading a bird's body language. We all do it - especially with a species we never interacted with before.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Meet The Flock

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Pajarita wrote:Brandon, I don't see things the way I want to see them. I see what it's on the video. If a bird leans back, turns his head toward our hand without bowing it or grabs our hand/finger with his beak, stop and move your hand back (especially if it's softly growling as he was). Don't put your hand closer, don't touch the bird, don't move your hand to another spot on his body or try again in two seconds flat.

There is no shame in misreading a bird's body language. We all do it - especially with a species we never interacted with before.

Ok all I'm saying is it only happened this one time and I don't always do that and I know that when he puffs up his head its a good time to ask him.I also scratch his beak to get hard bits of food off and he likes that.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales