Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Oscar's Job

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Oscar's Job

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:57 pm

So I went to the pet shop with Oscar to get food and I didn't wanna walk so we got the bus and he was saying "Hello" to everybody getting off and when we got to the pet shop I got his food and said hello to Charlie and he was talking to Oscar and the owner of the pet shop has a little daughter and she was there and held Oscar for the first time and then she took a Bunny out of the cage and he was running around playing lol she really wants a Bunny and before I left her Dad asked if I wanted to take Oscar to a party in June and he would pay me so I'm gonna do that, Coco and Rosie weren't at the pet store because they were already at a party but the party I'm going to is in the pet store I think he said it was for the Anniversary.For those that don't know Charlie is the African grey I was going to get and they decided to keep him and then I got Oscar, Coco is also a Grey and Rosie is a Galah both very sweet and love to see me.
User avatar
ParrotsForLife
African Grey
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 1664
Location: Ireland,Dublin
Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby liz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:24 am

That is really scary to have Oscar in a busy place with so many strangers and probably include people who have no knowledge of parrots. He could get hurt.

My dad had an Airdale dog that was very social and played with the neighborhood kids. One little girl got scratch by his toenail and her parents said she was attacked and wanted him put down. It got so bad that the whole community heard about it. A very nice lady came to the house and said she could hide him so he would not be killed. People are really weird about animals that they no nothing about.
User avatar
liz
Macaw
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is female
Posts: 6165
Location: Hernando FL
Number of Birds Owned: 15
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rainbow
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Tommy Maggie Lacy Flutter Phoenix Jackie Tweet Amos Andy Gimpy Louise
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby Tman007 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:44 am

Liz I was thinking the same thing.
Sall i5 would take is for Oscar to bite a kid and PFL parents would be held responsible.
And get sued and may even have to give up Oscar.
I believe PFL needs to rethink what he is doing.
It takes a great man to give advice tactfully
But a greater to accept it graciously

Logan Pearsall Smith
Tman007
Conure
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 227
Location: Las Vegas Nv
Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Galah (rose breasted cockatoo)
Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Tman007 wrote:Liz I was thinking the same thing.
Sall i5 would take is for Oscar to bite a kid and PFL parents would be held responsible.
And get sued and may even have to give up Oscar.
I believe PFL needs to rethink what he is doing.

Em Oscar does not bite and loves to meet new people and he decides if he wants to step up for someone, The party is at the pet store the owner is responsible for anything really and his own Parrots have been doing parties for years for people to look at and do things but nobody touches them but because Oscar is friendly and is very social they want him there and he will enjoy it.I am responsible for my actions and I will not let anybody hold him if Oscar does not want to, And he does not like to be petted so nobody will be allowed touch him but like I said he doesn't bite and it means he gets to be around more people and socialise not that many people will be there anyways.
User avatar
ParrotsForLife
African Grey
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 1664
Location: Ireland,Dublin
Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:29 pm

liz wrote:That is really scary to have Oscar in a busy place with so many strangers and probably include people who have no knowledge of parrots. He could get hurt.

My dad had an Airdale dog that was very social and played with the neighborhood kids. One little girl got scratch by his toenail and her parents said she was attacked and wanted him put down. It got so bad that the whole community heard about it. A very nice lady came to the house and said she could hide him so he would not be killed. People are really weird about animals that they no nothing about.

Liz how exactly can he get hurt when he will be with me at all times? Its the same as taking him to the park which some people would ask to hold him and get a picture nothing different plus he will have his feathered friends there and one is a baby Amazon slightly older than Oscar.
User avatar
ParrotsForLife
African Grey
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 1664
Location: Ireland,Dublin
Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby liz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:12 pm

I was thinking that a kid could grab him before you could stop it. I know I am over protective but others were thinking the same.
User avatar
liz
Macaw
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is female
Posts: 6165
Location: Hernando FL
Number of Birds Owned: 15
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rainbow
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Tommy Maggie Lacy Flutter Phoenix Jackie Tweet Amos Andy Gimpy Louise
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:38 pm

liz wrote:I was thinking that a kid could grab him before you could stop it. I know I am over protective but others were thinking the same.

I believe I would see that coming and that can happen anywhere though I don't let young kids touch him and he would be out of their reach, I appreciate the concern as it is something to watch for at all times and I have thought about it and I don't know much about whats happening as its not until June.
User avatar
ParrotsForLife
African Grey
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 1664
Location: Ireland,Dublin
Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:51 pm

Tman007 wrote:Liz I was thinking the same thing.
Sall i5 would take is for Oscar to bite a kid and PFL parents would be held responsible.
And get sued and may even have to give up Oscar.
I believe PFL needs to rethink what he is doing.

And it would be a whole different story if Oscar was a hormonal adult because even then NOBODY and I mean nobody would be allowed near him I know people well enough that if you tell them not to touch they will sometimes try anyway and nobody wants to be bitten by a hormonal Amazon.What I think is that you should at least try talk to me before just assuming things its like walking up to a stranger and assuming you know exactly what this person is like because thats just what you've done to Oscar assuming he is a vicious Amazon that bites and honestly Oscar is the most sweetest loving baby I have ever had in my life and I hate that Amazons have such a bad reputation some people just don't understand them or even try to learn about them.Sorry not trying to be so defensive just saying what I feel needs to be said as I see this behaviour a lot on this forum though we have some members and Mods that do think and talk before acting such as Wolf and Pajarita
User avatar
ParrotsForLife
African Grey
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 1664
Location: Ireland,Dublin
Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby liz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:13 am

There is no where in my posts that suggests that Oscar is less than the perfect bird.
My birds give me kisses and whisper sweet stuff in my ears. I have been bit by both of them before. The bites were caused from them being scared. I let it go because they did not have control over their response when they are scared.

I did not mean for my post to be anything but a reminder of what non parrot people can do. I don't think you have been in contact with many kids. They are fast and could pull a tail before you could move your hand to push them away.

Like I said, I know that I am over protective. I'm sorry that you took it as something I was telling you to do or not do. I was just making suggestions. That I have done so I will leave you alone now.
User avatar
liz
Macaw
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is female
Posts: 6165
Location: Hernando FL
Number of Birds Owned: 15
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rainbow
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Tommy Maggie Lacy Flutter Phoenix Jackie Tweet Amos Andy Gimpy Louise
Flight: Yes

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby ParrotsForLife » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:46 am

liz wrote:There is no where in my posts that suggests that Oscar is less than the perfect bird.
My birds give me kisses and whisper sweet stuff in my ears. I have been bit by both of them before. The bites were caused from them being scared. I let it go because they did not have control over their response when they are scared.

I did not mean for my post to be anything but a reminder of what non parrot people can do. I don't think you have been in contact with many kids. They are fast and could pull a tail before you could move your hand to push them away.

Like I said, I know that I am over protective. I'm sorry that you took it as something I was telling you to do or not do. I was just making suggestions. That I have done so I will leave you alone now.

Liz I quoted the post I was referring to, You have Amazons too so you know what they are like and like I said I appreciate the concern.I have been around many kids at the park but I tend to stay away as sometimes you could have a lot of people coming over asking questions.You done nothing wrong :)
User avatar
ParrotsForLife
African Grey
 
Gender: This parrot forum member is male
Posts: 1664
Location: Ireland,Dublin
Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Next

Return to Parrot Tales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Parrot ForumArticles IndexTraining Step UpParrot Training BlogPoicephalus Parrot InformationParrot Wizard Store