Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Oscar's Job

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Oscar's Job

Postby liz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:27 pm

ok
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Rmoses » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:26 pm

quote"Sorry not trying to be so defensive just saying what I feel needs to be said as I see this behaviour a lot on this forum though we have some members and Mods that do think and talk before acting such as Wolf and Pajarita"unquote.
Trying to follow the logic of this post, Parrots for Life, what does the above sentence actually mean?

Liz, by now you should know better than try to reason with PFL, he knows all about all parrots, after all he is a professional parrot trainer.
Rick
Rmoses
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: white fronted amazon

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:57 am

Rmoses wrote:quote"Sorry not trying to be so defensive just saying what I feel needs to be said as I see this behaviour a lot on this forum though we have some members and Mods that do think and talk before acting such as Wolf and Pajarita"unquote.
Trying to follow the logic of this post, Parrots for Life, what does the above sentence actually mean?

Liz, by now you should know better than try to reason with PFL, he knows all about all parrots, after all he is a professional parrot trainer.
Rick

And whats your sentence supposed to mean haha Liz was not trying to reason and she said nothing wrong she just thought I was talking about her thats all.Your very cheeky to be honest and nobody knows everything about parrots so get that idea out of your head and I never said I was a professional trainer either if your trying to start trouble its not gonna work and why even try get into the middle of something thats not even going on :lol: Liz was only concerned whats wrong with that?
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Pajarita » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:19 am

Brandon, you always post as if you know more than anybody else and that is what Rmoses was referring to. I'll give you one example: you have almost zero experience with amazons but you already know that they have a bad reputation only because people don't understand them or learn about them - which, of course, is completely wrong. They have a reputation of being biters because they deserve it. And you will find out about it as he gets older but I doubt you will admit to it.

It's a real bad idea to take Oscar to this party. It was also a very bad idea to take him on the bus AND to a pet shop where they had other birds and you allowed strange people to touch him -especially a little girl!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:28 am

Pajarita wrote:Brandon, you always post as if you know more than anybody else and that is what Rmoses was referring to. I'll give you one example: you have almost zero experience with amazons but you already know that they have a bad reputation only because people don't understand them or learn about them - which, of course, is completely wrong. They have a reputation of being biters because they deserve it. And you will find out about it as he gets older but I doubt you will admit to it.

It's a real bad idea to take Oscar to this party. It was also a very bad idea to take him on the bus AND to a pet shop where they had other birds and you allowed strange people to touch him -especially a little girl!

I know they have a reputation of being biters and thats not what I'm talking about :lol: Tiko was a biter its not hard to admit and I'm an honest person.Nothing wrong with taking him on a bus he loves going out and I agree about taking him around other birds but its gonna happen sometimes even at the Vets, There are Parrots that the shop owners actually owns and then there are ones for sale in another room kinda like an outside glass house with aviaries and Oscar has only been out there once.Whats wrong with an experienced little girl asking Oscar to step up? Theres no difference than if it was an Adult and you obviously don't get the idea of an Anniversary party especially for a pet shop its hardly gonna be a party party obviously its just an Anniversary celebration nothing big so of course its animal safe with no music or anything, Just a normal day only people will be able to come in and meet Oscar and his friends nobody said he has to be touched but if someone wants to hold him and Oscar WANTS to then he can.You should know that Parrots are capable of making their own decisions and will let anyone know if they don't wanna do something, Oscar isn't with me right now because he made it clear he wanted to stay in the kitchen.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:30 am

And I wouldn't say I have Zero experience with Amazons I have at least the experience of a baby Amazon so thats not Zero and I have the knowledge.I never speak as if I know more than anyone else I say what I do know and learn more everyday.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Pajarita » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 am

The point is that Oscar did not benefit at all from the outing. It wasn't done so he could fly, get sunshine directly or because he needed to go to the vet so why was he taken out on public transportation and to a place where there are other birds and strange people touching him? Can you give me one single reason that this was done for his benefit? And, please, don't tell me that he likes it because there is no way for you to know this even if it was true which, in 99.99% of the cases, it's not as parrots, especially babies, get all stressed out by unfamiliar places and people.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Pajarita wrote:The point is that Oscar did not benefit at all from the outing. It wasn't done so he could fly, get sunshine directly or because he needed to go to the vet so why was he taken out on public transportation and to a place where there are other birds and strange people touching him? Can you give me one single reason that this was done for his benefit? And, please, don't tell me that he likes it because there is no way for you to know this even if it was true which, in 99.99% of the cases, it's not as parrots, especially babies, get all stressed out by unfamiliar places and people.

Actually he got to pick out something he wanted and got to see his friends, He cant see them at home can he? And he needs to use the bus if he is going out for sunshine at the park lol and it dosent matter whether he benefits are not as long as he is happy and he does benefit from meeting new people.And theres nothing wrong with me benefiting from taking him out most places with me I like having him with me.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Rmoses » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:51 pm

Re: My work
Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:44 am

Pajarita wrote:
Please, my dear, ask the man to join a birdsite instead (I want to say this one but I don't want to sound as if I was selling anything). I realize that your intentions are good but you really don't have that any experience and, most importantly, you are NOT the bird's owner.

Im a parrot trainer pajarita I have been doing it a long time now I went down today great progress I was touching his head and beak and his owner was too.And we tried getting him to step up he was a little scared im gonna go back down again he said he was happy with the progress and he paid me.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Above is a post that Parrots for Life posted a couple of years ago. He states he is a parrot trainer and that he gets paid for it. There is an entire thread named: My Work by Parrots for Life. If you click on his name and go the profile page, at the bottom right is the history of his posts and the most prolific is the one quoted here. You can read all the post related to it if you would like.
Now earlier in this thread we are currently in , in reply to my post, Parrots for Life made the statement that he never said he was a professional parrot trainer. I think that the above quote shows that to be a false statement. In the My Work thread he also provides a link to his website that includes the words parrot trainer.
Now, I could care less what this what this 16 year old, unmature, uninformed teenager has to say about me. But I get tired of the disrespect and arguing he continually hands out to the people that are the core of this helpful forum. We just lost Wolf, so I hope that Pajarita, Liz and Birdwoman can continue to give help and advice to the many that look for help when they join this forum. They know a heck of a lot more about parrots than I and that Irish teenager know and my hats off to them. You ladies take care of yourselves, we need you.
Rick
Rmoses
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: white fronted amazon

Postby liz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:04 am

Hey every body, cut it out !

I don't claim to know anything about parrots. I just know my own kids and that is the way I care for them. Like kids.

I don't train them and just teach them as if they were kids. Rainbow is equivalent to a 5 year old and Myrtle is at 2 like a toddler driving me up the wall.

I admit that I am overprotective and overprotective of yours too. I am 67 and at an age that I should be overprotective of grandchildren but I don't have any so your birdies as well as mine are getting my maternal instincts.

I did not take my human kids out of the house until they were 3 months old. It scares me to see a newborn at the grocery store. So many germs and so many things that can happen. I did not let anyone else hold my kids until they were 6 months old. I embarrised my Momma who apologized to the people at church for my attitude.

I tell you my concerns and hope you heed them. I know it is not right but I stress when my ideas are ignored.

P for L has been a real pain in the butt in the past but has been maturing. Give him a chance to get his feet on the ground. He is young and knows more than anyone else. I will just keep on nagging him. After all he is the age my should be grandchildren should be.

Sorry PforL but it is what it is and I am too old to change so you have too. We don't have Wolf to step in and smooth things over now so we have to practice being nicer.

The situation is over and PforL made it through without a problem. Lets let it go. And PforL remember that we have been in this world a little longer than you. Just by sheer time of being around we have learned some things that you have not had time to yet.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales