Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Introducing Dandelion and Burdock

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Introducing Dandelion and Burdock

Postby liz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:16 am

Anne, this is my neighborhood. We have been together for a long time and share what we know. With Wolf gone we have to depend on Pajarita to keep us going. I am sorry you took it that way. So many Newbys come on with no knowledge at all. Some of us oldies need reminded.
You will be a loss. I am sure you have much to share with us. You will also be loosing. This neighborhood is for the benefit of our birdies. It is also a great place to brag about your birds.4
Bird humans need to stick together. We are really the only ones who understand each other.

Please reconsider and join in.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:56 am

AnneBoleyn wrote:Pajarita giving me unsolicited advice. I am gone.
Obviously this person is so expert they should be the world top authority on parakeets. Let us all bow down to them!
I came here to chat, but I got unsolicited unwanted advice. Pajarita is feeding "gloop" to her/his birds you And needs reporting. I have the IP and I wont be back.
This forum is supporting this/ Shame on you

My dear, this is what forums are all about, we share knowledge. Somebody posts something and we all give our opinion on it - I guess you could call that 'unsolicited' but that's the nature of a forum. There is very little research done on parrots so we all have to rely on the experience, advice or suggestions from other bird keepers. And, if you had taken the time to research what gloop is you would have realized that it's a much healthier food than pellets or seeds. I am surprised that somebody with years of experience on bird keeping has never come across the term gloop because I have been using it (very successfully, I might add, in terms of my birds health) for over 20 years and got the original idea from somebody else. You have heard of mash, chop or kitchen sink, haven't you? Those are also types of homemade bird food...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby AnneBoleyn » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Bird woman wrote:Just saw the babies and OMG they are beautiful , and welcome to the forum . :D BW

Thank you! That is so lovely. They are about 6 months old, and they are not tame (rescue babies) but they trust me. They love raspberry supper and a close chest cuddle, before bed time. In fact if I forget I am reminded. Loudly. They both need to be loved. The girl Dandelion has had her wings mutilated due to two past owner's clipping her wings. She will not learn to fly properly until her adult pins come through, which is very painful, and about 10 months away. Every bird I have ever had loves a close chest cuddle and not silly tricks that some people try to teach them. If your bird settles on your chest without you doing anything else, they want to be petted, stroked and gently loved. But be aware. They love it.
AnneBoleyn
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies, Cockatiels, Splendids and Plum head pair.
Flight: No

Postby Bird woman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:19 pm

All my babies love to be cuddled and will fall asleep on top of me. I've had several birds , never babies and some as much as 40 years old that had never flown in there lives. It's so sad and breaks my heart what happens to parrots. I've done my best to teach them all to fly and had great success . I'm still working on the 40ish year old macaw that was in a small cockatoo cage all his life and in very poor shape when he came here. He's much healthier now and stronger and can fly about 20 feet now. We should be able to make good progress this summer outside as the weather is finally getting warm. I say I don't teach my birds but I've come to the conclusion that really there learning everyday from me , I've always just wanted them to be the way they want be. This year all of them are extreamly hormonal so I try to keep the cuddling to just there heads but that's nearly impossible with cockatoos there so demanding. I'm starting to think there's too much testosterone in the house :lol: the men show off for the girls but the girls aren't interested. Buddy my bare eye cockatoo has found relief with a toy football so I just let him have it. :roll: wish the rest would pick a toy and I'd have some peace around here. Well good to meet you , one thing we all have in common is we love our babies. :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales