Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Is it love???

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Is it love???

Postby Luckyandjenn » Mon May 08, 2017 10:49 am

I cant belive i havent even had him a whole year yet and we are so bonded its pretty crazy https://youtu.be/jT5raQBuuXE
Luckyandjenn
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Blue and gold macaw and a flock of all diffrent types hens Americana, silkie, yellow Sexton ,austrelop Plymouth Bared Rock
Flight: No

Re: Is it love???

Postby Pajarita » Mon May 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Awwww, thank you for coming back and posting this! And, isn't it amazing how tuned to us they are?! They know what a human laugh and a kiss means - they know what we consider funny or sad... I love all animals but parrots are on a completely different level, aren't they?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Is it love???

Postby liz » Tue May 09, 2017 5:02 am

There is no fear or stress. The sound level was not good so I am guessing that the bird was laughing on it's own and not instigated by you. The personality is set and yes I believe it is love.

Many people who should know better have told me that I claim human emotions for my critters. They even come to the point to say I am crazy. I feel sorry for them and for the critter that they are not bothering to see.

Watching my birds has made me look even closer to my furry critters. I have always claimed that they had emotions but the extent is farther than I gave them credit for. I just thought mine were unusual. (My Calicat had compassion. She stuck to me like glue when I was sick or when I was injured to the point of being a nusance.) I have been seeing it in other animals. Some even rescue a critter of another species that would normally be it's prey.

All animals and even reptiles have the same emotions that we do. The difference in that is when we don't look for it. They love faster than humans and bond tighter.

You are loved.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Tales