Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Where have I been?

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Where have I been?

Postby seagoatdeb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:19 pm

Sunny was a young parrot when I got him only 4 months old but he had not been socialized to people well. He was bonded to parrots, so it took me a lot of time to get him to accept a realtionship with me. I can remember the day he decided I was "nicer" than Gaugan. That is when we really started to have an affectionate relationship. Then after my trip he decided he loved me. There is such a difference from how cautious I had to be to make sure he understood me before the trip and how he now shows me complete trust and goes out of his way to not hurt me. But they are definately more adapatable as babies and it takes a lot less time than when you rehome an adult. I was Sunnys third home.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:11 am

You were his third home at only four months of age? You mean he was sold to a home, rehomed to another and then to yours?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby seagoatdeb » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:23 am

Yes, Sunny was in Toronto and they shipped him to Vancouver. The plan was to show him. He was there for about a month, and he bonded to her older Pois and she decided she was going to sell him and sent me pictures of him. I was planning to get one of hers she bred but after seeing his picture I felt he would be a better fit to get along with Gaugan.

I think it was hard on poor Sunny to have to fly all the way across Canada and be in a new home to have to leave it again, but he is such a happy parrot today.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:04 am

Yes, shipping birds should be illegal, if you ask me!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales