Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Flight school in Brazil

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Flight school in Brazil

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:54 am

This is an article about a rehabilitation center for animals that had been poached from the wild and are being rehabilitated at the center so they can be released back to the wild and one of the things that parrots need to relearn is how to fly. It has very nice pictures and the whole concept of what they do is actually quite heartwarming.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/21909 ... hab-center
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Flight school in Brazil

Postby Bird woman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:24 pm

This is a wonderful video , dam I wish I was younger this would be right up my alley . What a wonderful life it would be. I've noticed in a lot of these videos from other country's that regular fencing is used for the enclosures is this because of it being such a large area enclosed with trees that there less likely to hang on the fencing or chew on it ???? Michael maybe you can shed some light on this since you've visited many of these places :D
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Re: Flight school in Brazil

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:47 am

I am almost sure it's because of the huge expense of steel wire mesh. I have a friend who used it to close off her porch for her macaws and galah and even though she had a regular size porch -no wraparound or anything like that and hers is a NYC home so we are not talking about something the size of a Southern mansion either!- and this was done years and years ago, she paid over $5,000 for the mesh alone AND she had it brought over from China because it was cheaper! These are poor countries and I am sure that their budget is minuscule so they make do with what they can afford.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Tales