Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrots not good for seniors.

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Parrots not good for seniors.

Postby Pajarita » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:17 am

A list of what pets are not good for seniors and parrots are number one! And, if you think about it,
they are right because parrots are, by far, the hardest companion animal to keep healthy and happy!

https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/thes ... ?a=viewall
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds
Flight: Yes

Re: Parrots not good for seniors.

Postby DanaandPod » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Not to mention, seniors have fragile skin, not meant for any occasional parrot bite. Plus, parrots outlive them and may wind up among the hundreds abandoned to shelters.
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a meyers parrot, and two budgies

Re: Parrots not good for seniors.

Postby Rmoses » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Hell, that is all I need is for someone to decide what pet I will have or not have. There are a lot of regular contributors to this forum that meet the "retired and senior" criteria and they have more than just a few parrots. DanaandPod check your birthdate, you´re closing in. Parjarita, you may know birds, but you don´t know all people. I will decide what pet I have not some article or people on a forum that have no idea who I am. If this offends anyone, live with it, that´s just what us seniors do, voice our opinions.
Rmoses
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: white fronted amazon

Return to Parrot Tales