Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Why Mexico has a quaker problem

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Why Mexico has a quaker problem

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:14 am

I thought this was VERY interesting because, in truth, I never even thought about the reason why this happened. I just assumed it was the same as here in USA or in any other country where quakers have established feral colonies but the researchers found an actual reason why. I am giving you both the article AND the published study itself - read on!

http://www.nature.com/news/parakeet-inv ... ts-1.22653

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0184771
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Why Mexico has a quaker problem

Postby liz » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:56 am

I do not believe in evolution as Darwin did. An ameba was not my ancestor. I am from the family tree of Adam and Eve. Instead of evolution I call it adaptation. Many species have adapted to something and somewhere they did not start from.

The strangest adaptation to me is the little bird (I don't remember what kind but I think it was a kind of sparrow) that lives on an isolated island with out it's natural food. They live on the blood of sea birds that live there. They peck a hole just above the tail feathers to drink their blood. The sea birds don't seem to mind as if it had always been that way and was accepted.

Humans have messed up so much of the world that so many species have become extinct. Such as what is going on with deforestation. Animals became extinct before humans took over the world. Arceologists find bones of critters that went extinct before man.

Man was one of the animals created by GOD. (So sorry if that goes against what you believe.) The 'Keets population is caused by man's desire to change things. I do wonder if we are just part of the adaptation. I don't want to think so. Wearing my rose colored glasses I see an adaptation of the "Keets". Are we really responsible or would they have flourished in these places on their own.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Re: Why Mexico has a quaker problem

Postby Pajarita » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:03 am

Liz, the article has nothing to do with evolution, it's just about why there was such a huge 'explosion' of quakers in Mexico which the researchers traced back to legislation in Europe which shifted the international market of wild caught quakers from Europe to Mexico. It doesn't even have anything to do with adaptation because Mexico is similar to my country in temperature and such...

And there is no need for you to apologize about what you believe! I know A LOT of people who believe in God and have no problems with them at all. I am of the 'live and let live' philosophy... I even have a friend who believes there is a race of alien lizards that feeds off humans emotions and a cadre of very powerful and very rich humans who work for them creating wars and such [she believes that Trump is one of them]. And there is this Jehovah Witness lady who comes once a month to argue with me about creation versus evolution. We have the greatest chats! I love it because I love to debate and she likes it because she says I give her the best practice! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Tales