Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

My hilarious birds

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

My hilarious birds

Postby XParr0tL0verX » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:54 am

I'm Tana and I have two birds. My cockatiel Mister loves his cereal. Like PEOPLE cereal. He would fly down to me and land in my bowl of Cheerio's and eat them :thumbsup: The only thing about Mister is that he HATES being touched. Barney, on the other hand, loves attention and being around me. Barney is very vocal and has a vocabulary of 10 words. His previous owner has not taught him much since Barney is 30 years old, but Barney is pretty funny. He loves to whistle and say "Hello, Barney" and sometimes says, "Hello, Baby". Barney can also laugh when someone else laughs or when he sees a video of himself. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tana<33333
XParr0tL0verX
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: cockatiels (Tico and Mister) red lorde parrot (Barney) parakeet (Little Bird)
Flight: Yes

Re: My hilarious birds

Postby Navre » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:22 am

That's cool. Just be careful with Cheerio's. They were the first solid food I gave my grey, but now they are saying the the large amount of zinc in the can harm birds who eat too many.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Re: My hilarious birds

Postby Pajarita » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Not only the zinc but the HUGE amount of iron in them! Some of them have up to 45 0/0 and birds cannot consume more than 2 or they develop hemochromatosis -which has NO cure and it's fatal. Please, no human cereals whatsoever! Human nutritional needs are completely different from avian.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Tales