Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

How we met charlie!

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

How we met charlie!

Postby Charlie *^* » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:58 pm

I had a friend who was 93 when she died :cry: and for weeks I felt very lonely so I started begging my mum and dad for another pet (I have 2 dogs as well) one day my dad was cleaning up our shop and a brightly coloured bird flew in and started walking towards him, so he put out his hand and surprisingly the bird hopped onto it and walked up his arm onto his shoulder and fell asleep. My dad text my mum to bring bird seed and me (Zephyr) so we got the parrot mix from IGA and drove to our shop as soon as I got near Charlie (we didn't have a name for him yet) He flew onto my shoulder and snuggled in, so we got a shoe box and put a rag with a water bottle cap full of water in and some seed we than started to drive home my brother said that "we can call him Charlie so when he bites us we can say 'Charlie bit my finger!'" So that's how we got his name. for two more days we were searching for his old owners and in the second day they came! :o :( They were extreme alcoholics. Had a water bottle full of alcohol and we said we should buy him so he doesn't need to suffer any more so we gave them $350 we found out that they had got him for free. We didn't complain.
So that was the story of how we got Charlie! :sun: The sun conure! :P Hope you liked it!
Zeph and Charlie :sun:
Charlie *^*
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sun conure
Flight: Yes

Re: How we met charlie!

Postby Navre » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:04 am

Glad he found you!
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 am

Yes, indeed! That was his lucky day, no doubt about it! But I hope you are not still feeding it seeds because that is not a healthy diet for a conure [they can't eat a lot of protein or their kidneys and livers start to malfunction].
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Charlie *^* » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:09 pm

Yeah I am now feeding him a conure mix!
Zeph and Charlie :sun:
Charlie *^*
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Sun conure

Return to Parrot Tales