Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrots appeal fades soon

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Parrots appeal fades soon

Postby Pajarita » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:54 am

An article about a rescue in the UK with already 3,000 birds and taking more every day has called for a ban on breeding parrots! And, as it has been happening a lot lately, most likely European countries will do this much, much sooner than USA where we are so far behind [and have gotten even farther in the last year as most of the few protections they had were eliminated] other developed countries and even a lot of the undeveloped ones in terms of animal laws.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/parr ... -ncszl7c9g
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Parrots appeal fades soon

Postby stevesjk » Mon May 14, 2018 5:42 am

I think banning the breeding of most animals would be good these days, if people want a particular pet go and adopt one
stevesjk
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot budgie

Re: Parrots appeal fades soon

Postby Pajarita » Mon May 14, 2018 9:00 am

I have no problem with animal breeding per se, my problem is with breeding animals that are in overpopulation or have physical and/or emotional needs that cannot be fulfilled under normal circumstances as well as the actual living conditions for the breeding animals. Personally and although it's sad to have to say this, I don't think that America will ever pass a law forbidding parrot breeding but we can regulate the breeding as well as the keeping by requiring an exam on knowledge and a license for it, same as we do for birds of prey.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Tales