Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

No more emotional support parrots!

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

No more emotional support parrots!

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:39 am

Well, travelling for free in Southwest Airlines, that is. And I do agree that people have been abusing this...

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local ... 39392.html
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: No more emotional support parrots!

Postby Navre » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 am

Pajarita wrote:Well, travelling for free in Southwest Airlines, that is. And I do agree that people have been abusing this...

https://www.stltoday.com/business/local ... 39392.html

People are abusing this like crazy. They will move into a "no pet" building and then get an "emotional support' cat.

I had a friend who leased a singe family house to a person. It was strictly "no pets" because he is terribly allergic to cats and dogs. He would never be able to use the house for himself later if people with furry animals lived there for a ling period of time. Just months after moving in the tenants produced "emotional support' cats and there was nothing he could do about it. He couldn't even go over there to work on the house when there was a problem, because he is so allergic. He had to hire people to do everything.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Re: No more emotional support parrots!

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:03 pm

I agree! Total abuse all over the place!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Tales