Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrot Music

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Parrot Music

Postby Banksie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 pm

I was a bit bored after work today so I rewrote the "Bodger and Badger" (a 90's British childrens TV programme) theme music for my Senegal Parrot, Monkey. I'm not much of a singer and it is so, so, sad that I have done this but here it is, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svt3FJj4dqI
Last edited by Banksie on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banksie
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 16
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, 2x Budgerigars, 5x Zebra Finches, 4x Bengalese Finches, 2x Chinese Painted Quails, 2x Red-Eared Waxbills.
Flight: Yes

Re: Parrot Music

Postby pchela » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Haha! I love that you did this! It made my day (and it's not been a good day) so thanks for that. I don't know the original song, but I quite like your version. And your singing voice is fine. :D
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby HyperD » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:01 pm

Haha that's great :)

Pchela - this is the original.. a classic british kids program... what they were before the silly tellytubbies!

HyperD
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal

Postby ptuga72 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:38 pm

haha! I love it!
Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
-Antoine de Saint Exupery
ptuga72
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Female Eclectus, 1 Green Cheek Conure, 2 Cherry-Headed Conures (fosters)
Flight: No

Postby Banksie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:25 am

I was bored OK! Don't judge me!!! I tell you what, if any of my friends found out about this, I'd never hear the end of it so let's keep it between us? Ha ha!
Banksie
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, 2x Budgerigars, 5x Zebra Finches, 4x Bengalese Finches, 2x Chinese Painted Quails, 2x Red-Eared Waxbills.

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:19 am

Wanna make Truman a theme song? :mrgreen:
Michael
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby MandyG » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:15 am

Awesome song! Except I listened to it before I did homework last night and I had "Monkey the Parrot" stuck in my head the whole time I was trying to study!

*Edit* And now I have the song stuck in my head again... Thank a lot Banksie. :lol:
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Postby Banksie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:11 pm

When I'm next bored Michael, I'll TOTALLY do a Truman song! It's actually a cool idea for your training videos and whatnot but I'll have to concentrate a bit harder on the production value (i.e. make the singing listenable!).

MandyG, as I mentioned before it's an old children's TV theme tune - I was cooking mashed potato and that's what made me hum it. As monkey was around I started singing the "monkey the parrot" words instead and thought what the hell, I'll record that.

For all you music buffs out there, the verse chord sequence is stolen, note for note, from the song "Since You Been Gone" by Rainbow.

Pchela, forgot to say that I'm glad I made your day with my silliness!
Banksie
Cockatiel

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Banksie wrote:For all you music buffs out there, the verse chord sequence is stolen, note for note, from the song "Since You Been Gone" by Rainbow.

Now how did I miss that!

Banksie wrote:When I'm next bored Michael, I'll TOTALLY do a Truman song! It's actually a cool idea for your training videos and whatnot but I'll have to concentrate a bit harder on the production value (i.e. make the singing listenable!).

That would be fantastic. With your permission I might like to use it as an opening theme for Truman's training videos. Just watch out that it's original so we don't get into any copyright trouble. I used to use copyright songs on my training videos in the past under the pretense of "fair use" but since I want Truman to be a big celebrity, I gotta be more careful to only use original music from now on. Let me know if you have any ideas but all I can tell you is the song has to be really awesome cause that's just how the bird is :thumbsup:
Michael
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Banksie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:01 pm

No question it will be an original song and I'll make it as "theme-tuney" as possible. It's a bit of an arse but I'm away in Valencia from Friday for 10 days so won't be able to do much with it until I get back. Perhaps if you PM me some idea of what he's like (personality, what he eats etc.) in the meantime, by the time I get back I can put some lyrics together straightwaway. This will be fun!
Banksie
Cockatiel

Next

Return to Parrot Tales