Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Elle- the Red Belly

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Elle- the Red Belly

Postby thejoie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Ellie has only been with me for a few months.
She's from a woman who rescues birds in Michigan. Elle was named Elvis, despite her very obviously being a girl. She's 16 years old and has lived in one home her entire life. She had lived in a small cage with not much to amuse herself with. Now she's lives in a flight cage with as many toys as she can keep up with. She was teased by a little boy who would taunt her between the bars. The first few weeks she would attack my hands. I stick trained her but now I don't even need the stick she loves me :) She is my adventurer. She loves to fly and chew. She is so calm and so even tempered. She is always so happy and when she is happy you can tell by her eyes. She has staked her claim to the climbing net. She can spend HOURS on it playing and chewing. I am so glad she's here.
Attachments
IMG_5970.JPG
IMG_5970.JPG (78.11 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
IMG_5757.JPG
IMG_5757.JPG (197.7 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
IMG_5589.JPG
IMG_5589.JPG (99.62 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
IMG_5572.JPG
IMG_5572.JPG (116.11 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
IMG_5497.JPG
Elle when she first came home
IMG_5497.JPG (94.51 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
thejoie
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Hahns macaw, Red Belly Parrot, Cape Parrot, Lineolated Parakeets
Flight: Yes

Re: Elle- the Red Belly

Postby MandyG » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:03 pm

She has the most beautiful eyes. No wonder she loves to go off and play, your bird room looks amazing! It took me a few second to find her in the second picture.
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon

Postby thejoie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:08 pm

MandyG wrote:She has the most beautiful eyes. No wonder she loves to go off and play, your bird room looks amazing! It took me a few second to find her in the second picture.

It takes me a while to find them sometimes too if I take my eyes off them for a second!! lol!!! I'm in the works for smaller individual nets for above everyone's cage. I'm making them so it's taking a while.. but I (and my birds) am a huge fan of playnets.
Here's one I made for my Linnies...
Attachments
IMG_5925.JPG
IMG_5925.JPG (137.62 KiB) Viewed 5406 times
thejoie
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: Hahns macaw, Red Belly Parrot, Cape Parrot, Lineolated Parakeets

Postby lzver » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Elle is beautiful! And god bless you for taking her in.

I've got a real soft spot for female Red-Belly's. Lucy is my little baby girl. She may not be a very colorful bird, but she makes up with it with her beautiful colorful personality :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers

Postby thejoie » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 pm

lzver wrote:Elle is beautiful! And god bless you for taking her in.

I've got a real soft spot for female Red-Belly's. Lucy is my little baby girl. She may not be a very colorful bird, but she makes up with it with her beautiful colorful personality :)

I agree 100%!
I've wanted one since I saw one at a pet store that was to be rehomed. I couldn't bring that lil girl home but knew I wanted to bring one home someday! Me and Elle were meant to be. Watching her learn how to be a bird and how to play and to have some freedom being able to play and fly in the bird room.... it's been wonderful! She's making up for 16 years in a cage!
thejoie
Cockatiel

Return to Parrot Tales