Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Videos of Ellen's birds (el-parrot)

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Videos of Ellen's birds (el-parrot)

Postby el-parrot » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:34 pm

Today I took a walk together with Paulie, my quaker parrot.
Please know that - when I take my birds out for a walk - they are very well clipped. Here in Holland we do have less birds of pray, they don't go out that often, when I plan to take one of them out, I always check there wings, and last but not least. They are very well trained to go outside with me and stay with me, no matter what.

el-parrot
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 8
Types of Birds Owned: budgie, lovebird, senegal parrot, quaker parrot, congo african grey parrot
Flight: No

Postby Michael » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Thank you for mentioning that. Nice video. BTW it's birds of prey.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby el-parrot » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:52 am

Michael wrote:Thank you for mentioning that. Nice video. BTW it's birds of prey.

Image and thanks for mentioning.. ha ha.. pray is something totally different.
el-parrot
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: budgie, lovebird, senegal parrot, quaker parrot, congo african grey parrot

Postby el-parrot » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:41 pm

New video taken today.. the 3 bigger babies here sat next to each other for just a short while. Aren't they brave? LOL.

They are very good used to each other so.. I can imagine seeing this movie you think that it is dangerous to put them together this way, but I do this now and than, to let them get used to each other and respect each other. Also took some photos .. will post some of them in the other topic.

el-parrot
Poicephalus

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:56 am

That's cool but they look a little on edge. You can see them leaning away from each other. How far apart do they need to be before they relax and just go about being a parrot? I know I've been able to progressively reduce that minimal distance between my birds with similar interactions.
Michael
Macaw

Postby el-parrot » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Michael wrote:That's cool but they look a little on edge. You can see them leaning away from each other. How far apart do they need to be before they relax and just go about being a parrot? I know I've been able to progressively reduce that minimal distance between my birds with similar interactions.

nothings the matter here in the video... it was only for a few minutes. My birds are used to each other and aren't aggressive towards each other. And??? I am the only person here who do know her birds. I don't think I have to apologize about this, so I won't LOL
el-parrot
Poicephalus

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:27 pm

I'm not accusing you. I'm just curious how far apart they need to be to be 100% comfortable and go back to preening/playing?
Michael
Macaw

Postby el-parrot » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Michael wrote:I'm not accusing you. I'm just curious how far apart they need to be to be 100% comfortable and go back to preening/playing?

Okay. sorry than Michael. It sounded a bit accusing to me. These three birds have of course each their own cage and they play a lot on their cage. Sometimes I put my quaker on the cage of my sennie. That goes fine, but if they are too near to each other than my sennie will try to 'get rid of the quaker'.. not aggressively but just telling him, don't go any further.
I also have a playtree and they are also on it together regularly but that playtree is big enough for each to feel free and play and climb around (and than I mean the sennie and the quaker. I never put the three of them on the playtree together. Some other moments my quaker and my grey are together on that playtree. They accept each other very good). Actually were they sat here in the movie is the play area of my lovebirds. Because of the light background I put these birds there for some minutes to take photos and 2 movies. The funniest thing of all is that my quaker and my grey like each other a lot and they are so different in size and parrot.
el-parrot
Poicephalus

Previous

Return to Parrot Tales