Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Today's Gone to the Birds

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Today's Gone to the Birds

Postby lzver » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:36 pm

Made a trip to Exotic Wings & Things in St. Clements Ontario today (just north of Kitchener / Waterloo). I always love looking at the birds, but I'm not a huge fan of how they house their birds there, but I'm going to stay off that podium today.

As mentioned in earlier posts, we are turning our dining room into the new bird room. There will be a play area hanging in the middle of the room that Lucy and Jessie can fly to and play while they are out. I was hoping they would have a climbing net there today, but no such luck. So instead I got a boing, atom, 2 new toys and some foot toys today. Here's a picture of everything I got today.
Attachments
Trip to Exotic Wings & Things.JPG
Trip to Exotic Wings & Things.JPG (85.29 KiB) Viewed 5547 times
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers
Flight: Yes

Re: Today's Gone to the Birds

Postby Ben » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:40 pm

Nice haul! :shock:

Wish we had some decent bird supply stores in my area, we just have a generic pet warehouse who seem to favour cat and dog supplies.
Ben
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal

Postby Natacha » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:05 pm

I got a similar orb (different colours) from Exotic Wings at last year's CPC.
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby Rue » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:07 pm

Nice! Wish we had a hands-on store locally as well...I hate buying stuff on-line...
Every parrot has a duty: To reduce the world to toothpicks.
Rue
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels -2 hens
Amazon, Green-cheeked
Pionus. White-capped
African Grey, Red-tailed (CAG)

Postby Giantmoa » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:49 pm

ooh, do your birds like the atom? I almost got one last month but opted for a boing instead (I've wanted one for forever ) which my athletic little gcc adores =) mostly there are petco and petsmart around my area which is kind of annoying cuz they hardly ever have any cool toys that don't cost all of the pitiful amount of money I have set aside for bird toys :? and then if I finally decide to buy the expensive stuff she royally ignores it :lol:
I have a feeling that your birds are really going to love this bird room, good luck!
:gcc: Rainbow
Giantmoa
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
Flight: No

Postby el-parrot » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:45 am

wow.. love the toys! Image
el-parrot
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 8
Types of Birds Owned: budgie, lovebird, senegal parrot, quaker parrot, congo african grey parrot
Flight: No

Postby lzver » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:00 am

Giantmoa wrote:ooh, do your birds like the atom? I almost got one last month but opted for a boing instead (I've wanted one for forever ) which my athletic little gcc adores =) mostly there are petco and petsmart around my area which is kind of annoying cuz they hardly ever have any cool toys that don't cost all of the pitiful amount of money I have set aside for bird toys :? and then if I finally decide to buy the expensive stuff she royally ignores it :lol:
I have a feeling that your birds are really going to love this bird room, good luck!

I'll have to get back to you regarding how they like the atom. My husband has been working all weekend and I need him to hang them in the bird room. It may be a week or so before I get them up because I don't want to add to the pressure.

We are very fortunate to have several stores dedicated to birds in the area. Because I agree about PetSmart .... I rarely buy toys there anymore.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Postby Natacha » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:12 am

lzver wrote:We are very fortunate to have several stores dedicated to birds in the area. Because I agree about PetSmart .... I rarely buy toys there anymore.

The only thing I ever really buy at PetSmart is the really big bag of fruity nurtriberries (my guys don't like the original kinds that come in the buckets :roll: ). Since I can go through quite a large number of nutriberries, the big bag makes sense and they are always at least $10 anywhere else I've seen it.

Toys and other things I buy elsewhere.
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Postby Red Moppet » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm not in sales for this company or anything and I don't mean to lead this topic off on a tangent, but for those of you in the Calgary, Alberta or Mississauga, Ontario areas there's a really good bird store called Parrotdise Perch (www.parrotdiseperch.com). I think they also will sell their product online to all of North America. I've found them to have a great selection of everything for birds and are very knowledgeable too.
Red Moppet
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Parakeet

Postby lzver » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Yes I've heard or Parrotdiseperch before ... I have never been there myself. I work in Mississauga, so there isn't much excuse as to why I haven't been yet. I'll make it there one of these days.
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Next

Return to Parrot Tales