Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Jeeves

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Jeeves

Postby RichL001 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi Everyone

Heres some pictures of Jeeves when he was outside of the cage after having his medication, and when he was sitting underneath his new Arcadia lamp after i set it up!

RichL001
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: Jeeves

Postby Michael » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Why is he having medication?

I wonder if anyone has ever lost their bird in the midst of stuffed animals before? :lol:
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby pchela » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi,

I notice you have a Vision cage. If I may recommend to you without overstepping, it would be beneficial to Jeeves if you took out those plastic perches that came with it and put in some natural wood perches of different types. Unless it's just a hospital cage?
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby RichL001 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:08 am

He is on medication because he has a calcium deficiency that he developed when he was born (only aware of this when i noticed him limping!, his right leg is slightly smaller than his left) so i took him to the vets and thats what they told me. I have told the breeder. I purchased the arcadia lamp as it gives Jeeves the light that he needed when he was a baby as the breeder kept them in a shed with little amount of light. I have a heated perch on the way that will help the blood flow back to his foot. The medication was given to us as we were told he has a slight blood clot in his foot which is why it is smaller than the other, and that it would help to free the clot!

I have taken out the majority of the Vision perches, i left the one perch in his cage as it helps to exercise his foot. He has another perch on the right of his cage to keep his claws down. I have a toy that you can see just behind him that has a thin wooden chewable perch and other chewable toys, but because of his foot, he isnt able to grip the perch that well! I also removed the perches from around the bottom of his cage so that if he decided to jump off then he wont hit anything on the way down! He also prefers to be near the top of the cage!

I will purchase some more natural perches, but im going to wait until his leg gets better before i do!
Thanks for the comments!
RichL001
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot

Postby tacotaco » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:33 pm

AW =( poor lil guy. hope he gets better soon!
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Allegra ~ Gold Capped Conure
Willow ~ Blue fronted Amazon
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
Our Blog ~ http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com
Our YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/icanpwnUn00b?feature=mhum]
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon

Return to Parrot Tales