Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New York =)

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

New York =)

Postby Giantmoa » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm in New York visiting family and all that for about a week leaving my dad to care for my bird. I'm more worried than I should be about this, but something tells me that when I get back I'm going to have one attention starved bird :shock: as much as my dad claims he'll take her out and play with her I know he gets busy with his job and even letting her out of the cage while he watches TV is a no go with him (he has not mastered the art of bird multi-tasking ;) ) ... besides that New York is good (it's hot and humid though! blegh, I miss my california weather already :lol: ) do those of you who live in humid enviroments find that your birds benifit from it? I try and let my bird bathe daily (and she does love her bathes!) because I vaguely worry about the dry climate...
:gcc: Rainbow
Giantmoa
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
Flight: No

Re: New York =)

Postby tacotaco » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:06 pm

I live in NY - which part are you visiting? It has been extremely humid and hot but my birds love to bathe so they do almost everyday which is great. I'm sure your bird will be happy to see you when you get back!
Charlie ~ Nanday Conure
Allegra ~ Gold Capped Conure
Willow ~ Blue fronted Amazon
Autumn ~ Nanday Conure
Kim ~ Me!
Our Blog ~ http://www.lifeistemp.blogspot.com
Our YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/icanpwnUn00b?feature=mhum]
tacotaco
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Nanday Conures (2), Gold Capped Conure, Blue fronted Amazon
Flight: Yes

Re: New York =)

Postby Giantmoa » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:33 pm

I was in Manhatten mostly but went to albany, queens, rockaway and some other places to visit my rather spread out family. My bird gave me the look when I got back, did her strut, and then sidled over for a good head scratch. good to know she doesn't hold grudges =)

your conures are such gorgeous birds! I've never really heard of gold capped conures before though
:gcc: Rainbow
Giantmoa
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
Flight: No

Return to Parrot Tales