Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Good news. :)

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Good news. :)

Postby Azure Hanyo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:29 pm

I took Cloud to the vet this morning and he seems none the worse for wear after his tramatic ordeal yesterday morning. His right foot is bruised but has no broken skin, and the vet gave me some anti-inlammatories (some form of ibruprofen- it was called keto-something but I don't wanna check because my daughters are sleeping and it's not in the room with me and the birds lol!) just in case for pain and to reduce swelling, but there aren't any fractures. Woo! He is also very small. 43 grams! :shock: I thought for sure he was underweight, but the vet checked and said he felt healthy, just very small and young, so that's great. :D And uh...I turned down blood-work. I just couldn't do it after seeing that post about the poor little quaker... :cry:

Here is a pic of Cloud being all snuggly in his nesty bed:

Please no one take a torch to me because I gave him a bed...I know he "might" get territorial but I am just letting him use it for now, until he is nice and settled in. He loves it and acts like a big baby when I reach in for him, and starts peeping and opening his mouth like he wants me to feed him which solidifies the fact that he is very young and most likely hand-fed. He is much calmer today and let me pet him several times, and perched on my finger for awhile too, and wasn't scared at all and went so far as to try escaping his cage to get to me after I put him back!

He is using his foot almost normally now after his medicine, you can't tell he was hurt except for his naked back. (Another reason I got him the bed...I want him to stay warm.)

I hope he stays sweet... I have read horror stories of lovies going bonkers at sexual maturity. I think I am just working myself up though. I tend to do that. :shock:
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Flight: Yes

Re: Good news. :)

Postby Rue » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:38 pm

Adorable! :swaying: You're doing everything perfectly! Hope he doesn't go through the terrible 2s for you!
Every parrot has a duty: To reduce the world to toothpicks.
Rue
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiels -2 hens
Amazon, Green-cheeked
Pionus. White-capped
African Grey, Red-tailed (CAG)

Postby Azure Hanyo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:42 pm

Rue wrote:Adorable! :swaying: You're doing everything perfectly! Hope he doesn't go through the terrible 2s for you!

Oh don't remind me...when he is two my youngest human child (teehee human child) will be 2 1/2. What fun THAT will be... :shock:

And thank you!!! I am really trying, I hate messing things up! I hope he is happy...I am sad his cage is so small, but it will have to do for now. At least the petstore had no idea how to clip him because he seems to enjoy flying in his cage. So that keeps him nice and busy. :danicing:
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Postby Titanius » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 pm

So happy for you and Cloud! Lovies are so cuddly looking. He really got lucky being picked up by someone like you.
Titanius
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel

Postby Kim S » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:13 pm

What a cute little thing. So glad he didnt have anything serious.
I thought lovebirds were the only bird better off with a nestthingie. But I know next to nothing about lovies.
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)

Postby JadeW » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:17 pm

Aw, he's so adorable snuggled in his little bed hut! I'm glad to hear he's okay and I'm sure he'll stay a sweet little thing for you <3
Michele and Cas <3
JadeW
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Flight: No

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:14 pm

Yay! So glad he's not too beaten up. And he is adorable!
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Postby pchela » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:20 pm

You should be able to let him keep his snuggle hut. I'd only take it away if he starts displaying territorial behaviors around it and if that happens, it shouldn't be for a while.
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby kellybird » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:26 pm

Oh how cute! I love the snuggle hut thingy!!!! Glad he is doing well!
kellybird
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Greenwing Macaw, Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 Meyers Parrots, Senegal

Postby TheNzJessie » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:02 am

i think its fine to leave the snuggle hut with hut for as long as he wants it as long as he doesn't get territorial over it which not all birds do.
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Return to Parrot Tales