Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

AAAAARRRRGGH! :-)

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

AAAAARRRRGGH! :-)

Postby entrancedbymyGCC » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:12 pm

So, this morning when I was in the kitchen doing morning things, I heard Scooter making his demented-squeaky-toy sound, which is either a distress call or a desperate bid for attention... since he's done it when my computer's fan was going 90 miles an hour and the machine was in a bad state, I HAVE to check. So I went to check and Scooter was in his tent-thingy chewing on his chew-up toy looking very innocent. So I gave everything a good look over, and all seemed fine.

A while later, I was in the kitchen with Scooter making birdy breakfasts when he did it again. EXCEPT IT WAS COMING FROM THE OTHER ROOM!

Guys, life with one bird was confusing enough!
Scooter :gcc:
Death Valley Scotty :cape:
entrancedbymyGCC
Cockatoo

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
(Un)Cape Parrot
Flight: No

Re: AAAAARRRRGGH! :-)

Postby pchela » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Ahahaha! Welcome to multiple bird ownership! Wait till Scotty starts imitating your husband pitch perfect. Then you'll really be confused!
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)
Flight: Yes

Postby ptuga72 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:16 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait til Scotty yells "Step-Up!" to Scooter when he's being naughty! That's a daily thing over here :D
Many have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it.
You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
-Antoine de Saint Exupery
ptuga72
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Female Eclectus, 1 Green Cheek Conure, 2 Cherry-Headed Conures (fosters)

Postby Azure Hanyo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Bahahahaaha! I love it. :lol:
Azure Hanyo
Amazon

Postby leomacaw » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Lovely indeed. :cockatiel:
leomacaw
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 9
Types of Birds Owned: 6 Grey Parrots (5 Congos + 1 Timneh), 1 Severe Macaw, 1 Senegal Parrot and 1 Jardine's Parrot.

Postby Giantmoa » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 pm

that made me chuckle ^_^ gotta love them birds
:gcc: Rainbow
Giantmoa
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure

Postby BirdbrainJan » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Haha! It sounds like the two of them will be a lot of fun!
BirdbrainJan
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheeked Conure

Postby lzver » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:52 am

That's cute!

It certainly is interesting in a multiple bird house. Lucy and Jessie can't fool me very often anymore. They make similar noises and say the same things, but I can usually tell them apart - although I'm the only one in the house that can do that. They have distinct voices that I can tell apart.

Lucy used to do this all the time to me when we were in the condo. The smoke detector was right beside the kitchen and it was VERY sensitive - it was a small condo and they were kept as far away from the kitchen as they could. Sometimes all it took was using the toaster to set it off. Lucy came to mimic the smoke detector perfectly ... one time she fooled me enough that I actually got up and started fanning the smoke detector ... and I knew I wasn't even cooking. She also mimics my old cell phone perfectly and to get her to stop, I need to say hello. She's fooled me a few times with that too :)

For me, it will be interesting once we add Kylie to the flock. From what her current owner has told me, she is a pretty quiet bird - All I've heard her do is small beeps and sqweaks (sp?), but then again, maybe she just can't be heard over her Amazons, Cockatoo and Caique's. While Lucy and Jessie are not that loud, they do talk alot and mimic lots of noises. So it will be interesting to see how they influence Kylie :)

Have fun with Scooter and Scotty ... it's very entertaining having more than one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laura's Bird World Blog - http://laurasbirdworld.blogspot.com/
Jessie - Senegal
Lucy - Red Bellied
Kylie - Meyers
lzver
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal; 1 Red-Bellied; 1 Meyers

Return to Parrot Tales