Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

R.I.P My Beautiful Furbie... :'(

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: R.I.P My Beautiful Furbie... :'(

Postby Munchy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 am

This thread has bothered me, and I know it is because I love my little bird Disney so much. When he plays with me I am extra aware just how tiny and fragile he really is... It could happen to anyone, and that is what bothers me. It was a very sad accident. RIP Furbie
Munchy
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Half Moon Conure
Flight: Yes

Postby teacuppig » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:24 pm

My heart goes out to you and your beloved Furbie. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace knowing that you were an excellent and loving owner and you gave your pet a wonderful happy life. You have every right to feel sad and cry because your pet was not just a bird - when we love and care for an animal in our home, that animal becomes part of our family, and you honour your pet by mourning for it as such. My sincerest condolences.
teacuppig
Parrotlet

Types of Birds Owned: Lovebird
Flight: No

Postby laducockatiel » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:53 am

I am very sorry for your loss. You couldn't have done anything to stop it, it was just a freak accident and it could have happened to anyone, so don't blame yourself for it.

R.I.P Furbie
My blog: http://the-buzz-online.weebly.com

"If we don't stand for something, we may fall for anything."
- Malcolm X"
laducockatiel
Amazon

Postby cute-koko » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:16 am

Oh my god!

I am so sorry for your loss.

Once we rescued a dove and it died 3 days later. We expected that to happen because when we found it, it had a broken wing. I have also got an African grey parrot called koko who turned 1 on the 7th of July, 2012. I love him soooo much, I can't bear to be away from him.

It's true that if you own a parrot it becomes more than just a pet.

I am very sorry that this has happened.

Thank you.
cute-koko
Parakeet

Types of Birds Owned: African Grey

Postby liz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:16 am

They are not pets. They are our children, our buddies, our confidants and even our partners in crime.

I have lost 3 this year. :greycockatiel: Twinkle, my sweet little girl, hid her illness until it was too late. :pied: Lemone', was one of my rescues from a breeder, died while I was away for a few days. It look like a broken neck. :swaying: Tweedle Dumb had epilepsy and did not come out of a fit.

I gotta' get out of this thread.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Snoopy_the cockatiel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:14 am

I am also crying while reading your post.Every bird owner knows how its feels when losing a bird which we loved so much...My budgies have died during my school age.After that incident,I have decided not to get any pet birds.Recently only I brought a cockatiel to our home.Please don't worry.You dint do it on a purpose or with your knowledge.
Spend more time with your family and friends rather being alone.Try to concentrate your mind on something else.Time will heal everything.Take care and cheer up :thumbsup:
Snoopy_the cockatiel
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Lutino Cockatiel

Postby Linn » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:24 am

I'm sorry to hear this, a bit late though, but I lost my Timneh African Grey, Jessie, 2 weeks ago. She was very abused and neglected for the first 7 years of her life, i had her for 12 years and thought i would have her around for the rest of my life. She had a broken leg before i got her and never had a very good grip, she has flown off occasionally, but never injured. My husband and i moved into a townhouse last year, we loved the stairs, now i hate them, i was walking down the stairs 05/08 at 7:25, she prefferred sitting on my hand, she wanted to poop and i was going to catch it with my other hand, she lost her grip, flew down the stairs into the window below by the stairs, still flapping her wings, she hit the bottom stair with her head, i got to her thinking she is just stunned, picked her up and turned to my husband, i was still in shock and then i saw blood coming out of her beak, i freaked out saying she's dying we need to get her to the vet now, i handed her to him and ran to put my congo grey, Belle, in his cage, he handed her back to me and i realized she was already dead, she must have been killed on impact, i just held her and kissed her, crying, saying my Jessie is dead the whole time, i ran outside with her my hands and just fell to the ground holding her, i couldn't let her go and i kept asking my husband if she is really dead.

I still can't believe she is gone, she was my little angel, my baby, i promised myself no one would ever hurt her again and i blame myself, if i just let her poop without trying to catch it, she might still be alive, the what if's and if only's are driving me mad. We were just on our way to go have breakfast like every other morning, i gave her a kiss when i took her out like i always did, not knowing it was the last. I don't understand why my baby had to die.

I loved her and Belle equally, i am so scared something happens to him now, he is 4 and i got him as a baby, 9 weeks old. He loved her too, used to feed her and play together, he still misses her and lost a bit of weight although he still eats. We adopted Gracie a week ago, as a friend for Belle and I also wanted 2 again. She is adorable and i love her so much already, she is really sweet, i love each grey for who they are, no one will ever replace Jessie, if you have children and one dies, you love the others, each one is unique, but no one can replace the lost child either, i dont have children, they are my children.

Sorry, I needed to get this off my chest, i am in tears. I miss her so much. She knew me so well and with one look she gave i knew exactly what she wanted.

Last edited by Linn on Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linn
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: African Greys

Postby Pajarita » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:38 am

I couldn't see the picture you attached at the end but I don't need it for offering my most sincere condolences for your terrible loss! Please don't feel guilty. It wasn't your fault. None of us can prevent everything from happening, it's impossible!

I hope and wish your new bird brings you joy and that you can forgive yourself. You gave your Jessie a good home and unconditional love for most of her life and she died quickly and painlessly - humans cannot hope for better than that!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:22 pm

This is one of the post that shook me to the core as I have full flighted birds. I cry with you and feel your pain as this pain is all to familiar to me. I would like to tell you it gets better but not a day goes by I don't miss the snuggles and kisses from my Rosie that passed years ago. Rest in peace our beloved birds , fly free :airmail: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Linn » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:40 am

Thank you, and i do miss het little kisses and when i huged her the little noises she made...
Linn
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: African Greys

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales