Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Oh Noo?????????????

Place to share personal stories, pictures and videos of your parrot.

Re: Oh Noo?????????????

Postby Sierra2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:41 am

pionus wrote:wow. uh, wow. this kid is eleven? shouldn't that be old enough to know that big bird (you've got a :cockatoo: right?) equals big bite?
why is she attacking your bird? is she scared of it? i agree with you guys, pin 'er down!

sorry that i have only one piece of advice:
Quarantine!
seriously, quarantine the kid. if she is a danger to your bird, she shouldn't be around it.

also, even though i totally understand not being able to laugh, try not to encourage your bird attacking small children. (oh if only... uh, never mind.. )

good luck!

New rules of the house is the child is not alowed in the living room with out parents supervision and thats final....Im sorry but even her parents agree she has it comiing and that if or when Sierra bites her that she diserves it...I personally dont want this child anywhere near any of my animals even tho she plays with my dogs and iis really goood with them I would perfer her to stay away for them too
animal lover and rescuer
Sierra2012
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Unbrella Cockatoo and just recently rehomed a Triton Cockatoo
Flight: No

Postby liz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:54 am

Sorry - I spelled Polarn wrong.

Why is the child in your house? Do you babysit or she just comes with her mother?

Why not just ban her from your house until she is 16.

Let's here it from the 11 year olds in the forum. What would you do to someone your age who is beibng mean to your bird?
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:57 am

I just read your introduction. That bird is a rescue?
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Sierra2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 pm

liz wrote:Sorry - I spelled Polarn wrong.

Why is the child in your house? Do you babysit or she just comes with her mother?

Why not just ban her from your house until she is 16.

Let's here it from the 11 year olds in the forum. What would you do to someone your age who is beibng mean to your bird?

She lives here...her step mom and dad lost thier place and where homeles so I let them all stay at my house until they save up to get another place....I have known the step mom for 20+ years and she has punished grounded done everything besides beat the child to make her understand to leave my bird alone....Now I have band her from the living room where Sierra is from now on because of this....I dont want to kick my friend and her family out of my home but had to make it known that if she doesnt stay away from my bird and one more thiing happens I will have no choice.....I would hate for it to come down to thatg but I dont know what else to do
animal lover and rescuer
Sierra2012
Lovebird

Types of Birds Owned: Unbrella Cockatoo and just recently rehomed a Triton Cockatoo

Postby Sierra2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 pm

liz wrote:I just read your introduction. That bird is a rescue?

Yeah Thats one of things I am so pissed off about is that I just rescued Sierra a month ago from a bad situation and now this child is being like thiis to her...I am not putting Sierra up for adoption she will be stayiing here with me....I have to mend her back to health wish I could put up pictures but cant figure out how to. Sierra was kept in a small dog crate for over a year and has major issues with her wings....Since she couldnt expand her wings while in the dog crate it caused major brakage and damaged them...She still isnt able to expand her wings even tho she is in a cage and free to Roam my house duriing the day the damage has been done so Im doing a little physical theropy with her helping her expand her wings....She is beautiful again I wish I could put up pictures
animal lover and rescuer
Sierra2012
Lovebird

Postby Grey_Moon » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Honestly,

That brat and her family are guests in your home who should be grateful you helped them and let them stay.
Talk to her parents and tell them exactly whats going on.
Tell them they'll have to leave if their daughter doesn't smarten up.
No ifs ands or buts---if she doesn't behave you put their stuff out on the lawn and lock the door.

You owe them nothing and certainly should not put up with this violation of your home/family and the disrespect to both you and your bird. You are risking long-term damage to your cockatoo, who is depending on you to protect her---and you're failing on that point which is worse because she's a rescue..

Just because you've known someone for X amount of years and they're friends doesn't mean you let them get away with murder and walk all over you. Friendship isn't a license for a free-for-all and mistreating you and yours.

Your friend's job is to discipline and control her child, just like its yours to protect your animals.
:gray: ---Jacko (13 year old TAG rescue and my little turkey-bird girl :) )

"Love me, Love my parrots"
Grey_Moon
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Hen Timneh Grey

Postby Sierra2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Grey_Moon wrote:Honestly,

That brat and her family are guests in your home who should be grateful you helped them and let them stay.
Talk to her parents and tell them exactly whats going on.
Tell them they'll have to leave if their daughter doesn't smarten up.
No ifs ands or buts---if she doesn't behave you put their stuff out on the lawn and lock the door.

You owe them nothing and certainly should not put up with this violation of your home/family and the disrespect to both you and your bird. You are risking long-term damage to your cockatoo, who is depending on you to protect her---and you're failing on that point which is worse because she's a rescue..

Just because you've known someone for X amount of years and they're friends doesn't mean you let them get away with murder and walk all over you. Friendship isn't a license for a free-for-all and mistreating you and yours.

Your friend's job is to discipline and control her child, just like its yours to protect your animals.

You know you are absolutly right I am putting up with more than I should be.....Thank you I needed to hear that
animal lover and rescuer
Sierra2012
Lovebird

Postby pionus » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Liz wrote:

Let's here it from the 11 year olds in the forum. What would you do to someone your age who is being mean to your bird?

eleven year old here. i would probably do things that wouldn't suit my age, among other things. it is so hard to comprehend how someone my age could be so idiotic.
Sierra2012, your too did the right thing in chasing your house guest. (i don't mean go against what i said in my earlier post about not encouraging that.)

please don't tolerate any more of this.

also, why is she attacking your bird? is she afraid of it?
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
-Douglas Adams
pionus
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby Sierra2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 pm

pionus wrote:
Liz wrote:

Let's here it from the 11 year olds in the forum. What would you do to someone your age who is being mean to your bird?

eleven year old here. i would probably do things that wouldn't suit my age, among other things. it is so hard to comprehend how someone my age could be so idiotic.
Sierra2012, your too did the right thing in chasing your house guest. (i don't mean go against what i said in my earlier post about not encouraging that.)

please don't tolerate any more of this.

also, why is she attacking your bird? is she afraid of it?

She says she is affraid of it but Im not accepting that as an answer due to how much she loved and adored the Triton Cockatoo that I just rehomed....I think she is just a mean little girl who is mad because her parents lost their home and she has to live here with me....she no longer has her own room and she is acting out not realizing that if I get fed up with her and kick them out they have absolutly no where else to go they will be on the streets.....Im sorry to say this I love my friend very much but Im almost to that point
animal lover and rescuer
Sierra2012
Lovebird

Postby pionus » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 pm

ahhh, thank you for explaining. it must be difficult for her, her family being evicted; but taking it out on your bird which had been in an abusive home (correct me if im wrong.) before you? she probably doesn't understand that part, but just in general....

i hope your situation gets better - your birds' and your friends'! :thumbsup:
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
-Douglas Adams
pionus
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Tales