Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Parrot Forum Youtube Channel Idea

A place for forum members to participate in collaborative video projects about parrots for the web.

Re: Parrot Forum Youtube Channel Idea

Postby Michael » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Ok, that's a great start. We would still need a director and at least 3 but preferable 5-10 video contributors to make this interesting. bms, ellen, chicklet, natacha, I know you all post youtube videos. Would you be on board for a collaborative parrot forum video project? Anyone else willing to contribute video footage?

If Jessie does the video editing and youtube channel maintenance as well, that leaves only the role of director unfilled. Someone needs to step up and take charge of dividing up the roles and making sure each video contributor sends in their clips.

The first video to test this concept out would probably be a simple promo for the parrot forum on youtube. Basically it would just be clips of a bunch of our members with their parrots telling youtube about this forum. So that makes yet another role, script writer. Someone needs to write the text that is to be said. Each video contributor could say the entire script but then the video editor can weave from person to person as the message is being said.

Who's up for this? I'm totally willing to be video contributor but I really hope other people can fill the operational roles because I have too many videos and websites to manage as it is.
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby TheNzJessie » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:53 pm

i do have a video camera so i could contribute some clips in collaborations. Jango is flight recalled, michael maybe this is a good chance for the product reviews maybe they would work better on the parrot forum youtube channel?

i would find it interesting to see reviews from different products from all over the world in a video

i wouldn't be able to do everyones individual editing but i can take everyones clips to make the actual video to post on youtube. i would be snowed under if i was to edited everyones individual clips and then put them into a video, im happy to make the videos thou
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie

Postby pchela » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:51 am

Okay, I'll just throw out there that I am trained on Avid as a video editor and run Final Cut Pro at home. I am also married to a sound editor for what it's worth. I could edit individual video clips and make compilations as well. I may be able to contribute video... I don't have a good video camera right now as ours broken but I'm wondering if the iPhone 4 has a high enough image quality to work. Anybody used their iPhones as video cameras?

What kind of scripts were you thinking of?
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby TheNzJessie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:06 am

i have used my ipod nano 5th gen as a video camera, i find it ok to use so iphone 4 should pass the test

pchela you over run me by a mile i only edit the my classes shorts films for media studies lol.
Jessie-ME
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Budgie

Postby Michael » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:43 am

If one of you wants to be youtube maintainer and the other video editor, that's all fine by me. Just to get some ideas rolling, a script for the first video I envision might run something like this:

Person 1: The Parrot Forum is an online parrot community...
Person 2: where you can discuss all species of parrots and ownership...
Person 3: including diet, care, toys, and freeflight.
Person 4: You can read articles about how to train your parrot to step up, refledge, and potty training.
Person 1: Many different species of parrots are represented on the parrot forum including...
Person 3: Senegal Parrots, African Greys, Budgerigars, Cockatiels...
Person 2: Macaws, Amazons, Eclectus...
etc

This is kind of the idea I envision. But someone needs to come up with the concept and write the script. This is a great project for someone who does not have a video camera but would like to contribute and get credit. So basically the possible roles to fill are:

-Video Contributor (this is the only one that requires a camera)
-Video Editor
-Youtube Channel Maintainer
-Director
-Writer

The writer comes up with what everyone is to say but the director delegates who has which part and gets on the slackers to send in their part if it's holding the whole production up. Last time we tried to get this going, there weren't enough people to fill all the roles. Now that membership has greatly increased, it's worth giving this a shot again.
Michael
Macaw

Postby pchela » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:46 pm

TheNzJessie wrote:i have used my ipod nano 5th gen as a video camera, i find it ok to use so iphone 4 should pass the test

pchela you over run me by a mile i only edit the my classes shorts films for media studies lol.

Sorry Jessie! I didn't mean to step on any toes. If you want to edit video I'm sure you'd do a great job and you offered first so you have first dibs.
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby Michael » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:05 pm

You could always alternate from one video project to the next if both are equally interested in doing the editing.
Michael
Macaw

Postby skeetersunconure » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

thats a great idea! i might be able to do something
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure

Postby TheNzJessie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:36 pm

im happy with just doing the youtube channel :)
Jessie-ME
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Budgie

Postby Michael » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Ok, looks like there might just be enough interest. Who wants to write a short script for the first video introducing the parrot forum on youtube? Basically it should say what the forum is, what kind of things are covered, and why people should come and join.
Michael
Macaw

PreviousNext

Return to Collaborative Youtube Channel