Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello!

Postby MorganWoolf » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:40 pm

My name is Morgan and I just got a pineapple conure (what I assume is a pineapple). His name is Adrian and he was born April 13th so, he's still a baby. :hatching: He's not my first bird, nor my first conure, but each bird is unique and comes with their own journey so I decided to join the forum in case I need any advice! Glad to meet all of you! :gcc:
MorganWoolf
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Pineapple Conure
Flight: No

Re: Hello!

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:07 am

Hi, Morgan and welcome to the forum! It's very easy to determine if you have a pineapple or any other GCC mutation. If the bird has a bone colored beak and yellow and red on the sides of its chest, it's a pineapple. But, when it comes to gender, you will need a DNA.

But, regardless of the mutation, the care is the same for all GCCs: strict solar schedule, low protein/fat and high moisture/fiber diet (never free-feed protein food) and many, many hours of one-on-one (they are VERY needy).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions