Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hi from Canada

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Hi from Canada

Postby Senniegal » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi MandyG and thank you!

I do miss California a lot. Last time I visited (about 6 y ears ago) I was blown away by the concrete jungle and longed to get back to my BC greenland. However, you just can't deny how much fun the vibe of the state can be and the sunshine is sorely missed by me. When I hear people such as you state that they would MISS the snow, I almost can't believe that they mean it! *lol* I can't STAND the snow and the few little weeks we get of it here each year drive me crazy! After 13 years in BC I have only "just" considered to myself that I can actually drive in it. That took me along time to conquer that fear of sliding.

I know Mannitoba has much drier snow than we do and I have been told that it is much more tolorable than our wet variety...but cold is cold to me. It is very pretty to wach fall down from inside the window. And with my kids getting older, I promised them that we would go skiing as a family next year. So who knows...maybe I can grow to love it more.
Senniegal
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrots
Flight: No

Postby MandyG » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 pm

I said I'd miss the snow, not the cold! ;)

Yes, our snow tends to be 'drier' than the snow out west, we still get some big dumps of the wet heavy stuff on occasion though! At least it tends to be a little warmer out your way, Manitoba is a deep freeze. How do you stand the short winter days after living in California? I've grown up here and I hate almost nothing more about winter than the short days.
MandyG
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon
Flight: Yes

Postby Senniegal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:52 am

It has been a bit of an adjustment, but the great adjustment was too the items in the grocery store, different name brands, french labels and getting used to Canadian TV. Sorry..but USA televison is WAY better in my humble opinion. =) Altough I have got very interested in some of the programs BBC puts on.
Senniegal
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrots
Flight: No

Previous

Return to Introductions