Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Schenectady,NY - African Grey

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Schenectady,NY - African Grey

Postby kre8ivairbrush » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:11 pm

My interested has been resparked!

I have had a small cockateil as a teen, dad brought him home with no (ZERO!) feathers... showed me how to handle and hand feed him, what a wonderful 2 years, when I come rushing into the house after riding my bike around the neighborhood and above my head... he goes right out our sliding door... OOOPS, I cried and was upset with myself for a LONG time after this. He did not come back, haven't seen him since... look at all summer and fall, hoped for the best for him...

Recently, saw an African Grey at the pet store.
A week later, while visiting the barbershop, a man comes pulling up.. gets out and reaches through his drivers window to get his parrot.... I thought it was an obsessive man with a plastic bird on the dash, maybe something like a hula-girl..... NOPE this was a REAL bird!! and to my amazement... AN AFRICAN GREY!!

We (the barbershop owner and I) spoke to the man for while as he explained the breed in detail to us..
EVERYTHING he said was precise to what I have been told by my father growing up..

I am hooked and currently looking for my african grey!!
kre8ivairbrush
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: No

Return to Introductions