Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Postby RhaewynsMom » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:18 pm

I am new to being a green cheek conure owner. Growing up I had a parakeet who lived to be about 15 years old. He had a very good life. Today I have two green cheek conures. The first of which my fiance and I purchased as an anniversary gift. Actually, we couldn't leave the store without him. He refused to let go of my fiance and snuggled up to him tightly and crawled into his shirt. The following year when I became pregnant, we decided to pick him up a companion. Only recently we discovered that his companion is female as she started laying eggs. We have been making sure she gets plenty of calcium and such. Doing our best and trying to research as much as possible. We are not interested in becoming breeders, but we are not against giving it a go either (I am extremely particular and wouldn't want the babies to go to just anyone). They are a part of our family--our flock, just as our daughter is. Anyway, I hope to find some information on here and maybe even offer advice to others!
RhaewynsMom
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure
Flight: No

Return to Introductions