Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Cockatiel and Budgie Owner from Australia

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Cockatiel and Budgie Owner from Australia

Postby kimbo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:08 pm

jazz is lovely and coming along nicely. im still trying target training but chico :senegal: just wants to chew the stick up and im not quite fast enough to get it away from his beak yet. but i keep trying. his new cage is lovely and he looks happy :cockatiel:
kimbo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal
Flight: No

Postby bmsweb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks kimbo,

Jazz started chewing and biting the target stick also. I think I remember Michael saying if they start to bit the stick click before they touch it and give the treat. I did this for two target training sessions and he got out of the habit of biting the target stick.

You sometimes I think he is training us!

Before I brought over the camera to video him, I could get him to hold his wings fully spread and it looked awesome, but for the camera he just wouldn't do it!!! My wife said we should have had the camera on us when he first started doing it, now that would have been funny!!! We were all so excite that he would hold his wings spread on cue :lol:
bmsweb
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Green Cheek Conures
Flight: Yes

Postby Suzzique » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 am

That is what they are talking about in with the molt. It will lose it's baby tail feathers and grow in the adult ones. If they stay stripped Jazz is a girl. If they come back in a solid color Jazz is a boy. But Jazz is a good name either way. :)
Alex - cag
Martini - senegal
Suzzique
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: CAG, Senegal
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Introductions