Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello from MN!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello from MN!

Postby Oliver » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:29 am

Hello!
My name is Cindy, I am married, and have 4 wonderful children, 4,5,6,& 9! I am ft nursing student, and home by time kids get home. I love my life, I feel so blessed! I am aquiring an TAG on Friday, he is 8 yrs old and his name is Oliver. He is coming from a home that loves him dearly, but due to severe health issue they had to make the painful choice to rehome Ollie. I grew up with medium and large parrots, and the greys are one of my favorites. I breed sugar gliders for rarer color variations and have no wishes to be a bird breeder. Olliver will be our only bird, for now. I look forward to chatting with you all and learning on this lifelong journey with Oliver!
Cindy & Sheldon, the skin kids and Oliver our feathered baby!
Oliver
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: TAG
Flight: No

Re: Hello from MN!

Postby Kathleen » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:54 am

Hi Cindy. Welcome to the forum. :)

It's nice to meet you and your family. A re-homed parrot from a good home will surely not have as many issues as the ones that are mistreated and abandoned. I think it's wonderful that you are adopting Oliver.
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Flight: Yes

Postby MandyG » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:20 am

Welcome! Can't wait to see pictures of Ollie! It's wonderful that a family that's facing the hard decision to rehome a beloved pet has been able to find a loving home for it.

Rare color variations of sugar gliders? I'd love to see pictures! I've unfortunately never had hands on experience with sugar gliders but I've always loved them from afar :) .
MandyG
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Yellow Crowned Amazon
Flight: Yes

Postby kimbo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:31 pm

excuse my ignorance but what are sugar gliders? welcome to you and ollie. its nice that he has another nice home. can previous owners visit him? or do you have to cut all ties. hope he settles in ok and love to hear more about him.
kimbo
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal

Postby kimbo » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:53 pm

just googled them they are cute creatures and those big eyes, are they friendly and do they spray? we dont have anything like that in uk.
kimbo
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal

Return to Introductions