Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Any Rock Pebbler owners?

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Any Rock Pebbler owners?

Postby LJ4RockPebbler » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:58 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site as I am to owning a bird. I actually don't have him/her yet but will be picking him up within the week. I've done research on this specific bird and realized that their isn't too much info out there on this type bird as their is with other birds. If anyone owns this type bird, I'd love to get some feedback about the do's and don'ts of keeping one. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.
LJ4RockPebbler
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Regent parrot
Flight: Yes

Re: Any Rock Pebbler owners?

Postby Pajarita » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:26 am

No, I don't have and never had any Regent or the related species (Princess and Baraband). What I do know about them is what I've learned from other people, namely, that they only do well in large aviaries (excellent fliers which need the space), that they are good at picking up whistles but not words and that, although they are not aggressive, they do better with other birds as they tend to be quite aloof with people. Aviary birds more than companions.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby LJ4RockPebbler » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks for your feedback but what little information I was able to gather mentioned that they were actually great companions and would be with the owner everywhere he/she went but it didn't necessarily like to be caressed like other birds. I live in a co-op and definitely needed a quieter bird so that's a good thing. Anyway, thanks again for reaching out and I'm sure he'll be a great addition to our family.
LJ4RockPebbler
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Regent parrot

Postby Pajarita » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:06 am

Well, I don't believe there is such a thing as a parrot which will not leave the owner. If that was the case, they would never fly away - and, given the chance, they all do at one point or another so, please, be extra careful because what you heard is simply not true and these birds are not known for been needy and/or clingy, quite the contrary, they are known for been fliers.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Helle » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:14 pm

Yes! I am a very proud Rock Pebbler owner!
Aviary bird? No Way! My Tini keeps me company all day, chatters almost as well as a CAG, lives on my shoulder, has a lovely SOFT voice and never screams, doesn't bite and never chews the furniture....
he is not "hands on" -- no turning him upside down ect (bit like the gray again ) but couldn't be a better companion bird... try checking out regents parrots uk on facebook ... there mightn't be hundreds of us regent owners, but most of us are on there! sorry if this answer seems to be a bit too late! ups! i'm new to this forum.
:danicing:
Helle
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rockpebbler; Cockateil.

Postby Pajarita » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:59 am

Welcome to the forum! And I am very happy that you are so satisfied with your 'hands-off' friend! Not everybody feels that way when it comes to parrots as most people want a cuddly companion (not me, I like them all :D ). The aviary versus companion classification is not a personal opinion though, it's how experts separate parrot species. May I ask how old is your bird, how long you've had him, etc?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Return to Introductions