Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hey, new member :)

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hey, new member :)

Postby macawlover2 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:03 pm

Hello all! My name is Emily, and a few of you might know me from other forums I've been a member of. But I'm guessing that the majority of you don't know me, so here's some info!

I have three parrots: a military Macaw (Oliver) who has an attitude at times but is a big cuddler! I also have a B&G macaw :macaw: (Cheyenne) who is a rescue, and is plucked on her chest, back, and wings. She's a prior "breeder bird", but is just a sweetheart. To women, anyway. Hates men! And finally, I have my congo african grey :gray: (Oscar), who is definitely the smartest of the three birds in this household! He is certainly a momma's boy, who talks nonstop and is also trick trained. He knows basketball, ring toss, turn around, wave, play dead, bowling, stack the cups, and we're working on rollerskating. Once he gets that one down, he'll be part of a parrot show here in Minnesota. :D

To whoever invited me to join this forum via my youtube videos: Thank you!

I'm a Level 1 Aviculturist, and hopefully I'll become a level 2 this winter once the class comes out for it. I love helping people out with behavior, nutrition, or pretty much questions on anything related to birds, so feel free to ask! I also know my way around finches, canaries, doves, and other aviary birds.

I look forward to meeting all of you guys! :D
macawlover2
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Military macaw, Blue and gold macaw, and a congo african grey.

Re: Hey, new member :)

Postby Kathleen » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Welcome :macaw3: Look forward to hearing about your macaws and your african gray. Thanks for joining the forum.
Kathleen
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Flight: Yes

Postby macawlover2 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:24 pm

How do you guys get your avatars? For some reason I can't figure out how to make my pictures between "0-6 KB in size".
macawlover2
Parrotlet

Types of Birds Owned: Military macaw, Blue and gold macaw, and a congo african grey.

Postby Michael » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi, nice to see you actually joined. Welcome.

For making an avatar fit, you have to compress it down as a jpg. Either you can make it a small avatar with low compression but if you want a full sized avatar like I have you have to use a lot of compression. If you have photoshop you can do a save for web and increase compression until the filesize is within limits. If not, you can follow the directions outlined in our avatar guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21

Take care.
Michael
Macaw

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Natacha » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:14 am

Hi and welcome to the board!
Looking forward to hearing about your birds!
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot

Return to Introductions