Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

An old bird

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: An old bird

Postby alienlady » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:18 am

That is a shame I do hope you manage to solve the problem. I have seen the clear film in shops here so they are probably available on Amazon. :P
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon
Flight: Yes

Postby Georges mom » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:48 am

Update on George.... Hawks are gone!! Found out it really wasn't George they were targeting though I'm sure he was a nice bonus. The Hawks were starting to come one right after another and finally realized it was chipmunks they were hunting. I have a tree close to the house that I hang bird feeders from. Birds would come in droves to eat, seeds would drop to the lawn, chipmunks were coming to eat the seeds on the ground and the Hawks would swoop down and eat the chipmunks. It was a feeding frenzy for all. I had Hawks on my deck, my roof every tree in the yard some even came in real close and landed in the grill on the patio. Had to get rid of bird feeders my husband was unglued with all happening. Now for George, just had him to vet for full checkup. She said he was beautiful upon his appearance and office just called and said the same about all oh his labs. His weight is exactly the same and she trimmed his nails and had to have a smitch taken off his beak for it was a bit to long and should of broken off but hadn't. She said for an older bird his health is excellent. I couldn't be happier :) . Last time she did his labs was right after I got him and she said they were ok. I've taken all the advice from everyone here regarding his diet and care and thanks to all of you he's gone from OK to excellent labs. :thumbsup:
Georges mom
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow naped amazon parrot
Flight: No

Postby Navre » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Great news!
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Timneh African Grey
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:22 am

Yes, indeed! Very good news! It means you are doing a good job, too! :thumbsup:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: Toos, grays, zons, canaries, finches, cardinals, senegals, jardine, redbelly, sun conure, button quail, GCC, PFC, lovebirds

Previous

Return to Introductions