Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

An Aussie and Ozzie the Galah

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

An Aussie and Ozzie the Galah

Postby Wyverntales » Fri May 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi I'm an Aussie with a Galah :galah: named Ozzie. We're new to the forum and are looking forward to learning many new things. I have owned a few birds in the past with varying experiences. All different personalities and stories. Forward on to making new experiences and memories, hopefully for many years to come. Ozzie is about 7/8 months old. A sweet and lovable boy, already learning very well. Clicks and different whistles, along with 'Tweet, tweet', and '*incoherent chatter* good boy', are what I have currently heard him say. Along with 'signals' he gives me for a scratch or for a pat. :)
Wyverntales
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Galah
Flight: Yes

Re: An Aussie and Ozzie the Galah

Postby liz » Sat May 28, 2016 6:26 am

Welcome to the forum.

The fact that you already know they each have their own personality gives you a head start.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sat May 28, 2016 9:07 am

Welcome to the forum, Wyvern and Ozzie!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Galah44Sarah » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:04 am

Hello fellow Galah friend!

How are you getting on with your pink pigeon?

Mine is almost 3 now and is still the lovable character he was when I got him at 6months old, just with a wider vocabulary..
He says "I love you" more than anything, especially when he hears the toaster pop and wants to share my toast! He also knows when he's been seen doing something he's not supposed to do as he will say "I'm a good boy" almost immediately!

They really are great companions aren't they?!
I'm always at home a lot as suffer from bad epilepsy and mine has even brought me round from a seizure as he came out of his room and into the kitchen when I had fallen and was pulling at my eyelashes until I came too! I know he had been there a while as there was a few poo's on my shoulder!
I think it's safe to say, they are also really clever little fellows!

Sarah
Galah44Sarah
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Galah rose breasted cockatoo, budgerigar, quaker parakeet

Postby Pajarita » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:03 am

Welcome to the forum, Wyver and Ozzie! Isn't it incredible how they can communicate using their bodies, feet, whatever with us? I have a female redbelly that says only a few words (NiteNite, I'm here!, etc) but, when she wants me to scratch her head, she perches right in front of my eyes and staring into my eyes, very deliberately raises her right leg and scratches her head - so smart, aren't they?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Introductions