Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hi, Everyone

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hi, Everyone

Postby Perroquet » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi Everyone. I am new here and want to greet everyone.
Perroquet
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Conures and Senegal
Flight: Yes

Re: Hi, Everyone

Postby liz » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:54 am

Welcome to the forum. You will like it here. Tell us a little about you and your parrot. We like long posts in introductions.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Wolf » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:42 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. About the only thing we enjoy more than hearing about your bird is seeing pictures of them. If you have question, which we will do our best to answer, the more information that we have the better we are able to answer.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:16 am

Welcome to the forum and I LOVE your name! For the ones that don't speak French, it means Parrot :D
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:07 pm

Welcome, its nice to see you and your parrots here.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Perroquet » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:55 pm

I am new to computer, so still learning how to do things. My Conure parrots are all old but I do not know the exact ages. The Conures came from hoarders home. Lucy is the the oldest one and is a Green Cheek conure. I got her about 25 years ago so she is very old. Lemon is the clown, and she is a Pineapple Conure. Lucky is a maroon Belllied Conure and Lemon and Lucky came together from a hoarder rescue about 15 years ago. Lana was my husbands Senegal and she came with him, she tolerates me and I can handle her and pet her but she loves my husband. We know she is 22.

My Conures all act healthy and the vet says they are fine. The three conures all flock together and will attack Lana Senegal as a group, so we keep Lana in the computer room now, and she gets lots of attention since we both always want on the computer these days.

I do not have a question, I just wanted to learn more by being in forums, now that I know they exist. I would like to know if anyone knows if there is Conure forum, and please excuse my English, it is not my first language.
Perroquet
Parrotlet

Postby liz » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:55 am

English is my only language. I am not really good at it though as you will see with my spelling and grammar. By your post I cannot see that English is not your first language.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:08 am

Unfortunately, we do not have forums by species but we do have one for all species and that's where we usually post anything related to that. BUT we also have forums for behavior, training, vocalizations, health and diet, housing, etc so you would find postings about conures there, too. In any case, I don't think anybody minds if the posting is put in the wrong forum so don't worry about it at all and, if you want to look for something in particular and you don't find it, ask and somebody (usually Wolf who is the moderator) will help you.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Perroquet » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:33 pm

liz wrote:English is my only language. I am not really good at it though as you will see with my spelling and grammar. By your post I cannot see that English is not your first language.

My husband is English and I get him to correct my text so it will be understood. If he did not help it would be hard to understand me.
Perroquet
Parrotlet

Postby seagoatdeb » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Facebook has conure groups if you have a facebook ID, thats the only place I know of.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Next

Return to Introductions