Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Just joined

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Just joined

Postby Sancy » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:23 pm

: Hi Nancy from Long Island. Just joined this forum I got my budgie 3 weeks ago just wanted to be with a group of like minded people who love birds
Sancy
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 1male budgie 4 months old
Flight: No

Re: Just joined

Postby Wolf » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. We love to hear all about your birds. We also love pictures and helping each other with any parrot issues that we might have along the way.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:17 am

Welcome to the forum.
There is a lot of info in the forum about budgies. I don't know what would have happened if I had not found this forum.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:18 am

Welcome to the forum, Nancy and budgie! Please tell us a bit about him (name, color, habits, etc) - we love to hear about them...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Sancy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:39 pm

Thank you for the welcome. My baby is green and yellow and his name is Sitama. My daughter named him from a Japanese anime. I had to conures and an Indian ringneck and I had to find them homes my neighbors were complaining about the noise. I found Marc Morrone who is amazing with animals and my birds are in west palm beach now in big aviaries. I miss them so much and I couldn't be without a bird so I got my meet he just is so much different from my other birds he really doesn't want to be bothered with me. He really doesn't play with his toys. I just want him to be happy any suggestions?
Sancy
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 1male budgie 4 months old
Flight: No

Postby Pajarita » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:43 am

Oh, Lordy, Marc Morrone! I don't want to make you feel bad but, if I were you, I would not go around telling people I gave my birds to Marc Morrone as NOBODY in the bird community likes him (and I am been real nice when I only say that nobody likes him, he is actually hated by bird people). He is a bird breeder and dealer and have been found to be completely inept or uncaring when it comes to their wellbeing. The birds in his store are crowded into small cages, they are only allowed out on weekends, they have fought and hurt each other, their diet is deficient, and he lacks the basic knowledge of their physiology (the man was promoting jesses for parrots! Imagine that!).

As to your budgie, well, they can be tamed with a lot of work and over a period of time but, to tell you the truth, no budgie can be happy with just people for company. They are intensely flock-oriented and because all the budgies bought in stores (and most of the ones sold by private breeders) were parent-raised, they simply cannot bond to people like larger species would because they never imprinted to them. Personally, I love to see them interact and hear their constant chatter (some people are driven crazy by it but I find it comforting, kind of like the song of crickets in the background). I love their antics and to see them flying around, zooming like little helicopters here and there... I always think of them as little flying jewels!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Introductions