Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Hello

Postby Sissy B » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:58 am

Hello my name is Sissy. I have a rescue Blue fronted Amazon her/his name is Irish Blue. I call Irish a girl due to the name she is 32 yrs old and very well set in her ways she is my pretty girl. We have only had Irish for a year and has brought a lot of joy to my life.

We just brought home a new baby he is 2 yrs old his name is Elvis. Elvis is an umbrella cockatoo. We have had him for almost a month and is already learning to say I love you. I have decided to use clicker training and seems to be working. He's very hard headed lol. If he does not want to step up he will not no matter what you do. He loves to sit on my chest and cuddle with me he falls asleep while sitting there. He also is use to having a blanket (small piece of material just for him) that I cover him up with and his head to get him use to one for when we go to vet and trying to play peek a boo with him. I do have some questions on training since he is my first bird I have had from the beginning training stages. Can not wait to get to know people and share the love of birds with you. I will say thank you in advance for all the help and support with my new baby. Need to get him on a perch out side of cage and or a play station/perch to really start training.
Suggestions are greatly appreciated

Sissy B
Thank you Elvis and Irish Blue's momma
Sissy
Sissy B
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Umbrella cockatoo 2 yrs old and a blue fronted Amazon (rescued) who is 32 yrs old
Flight: No

Re: Hello

Postby Navre » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:51 am

Welcome to the forums. Umbrellas are indeed, very stubborn, but they also seem to be very lovable.
Navre
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:46 am

Welcome to the forum, Sissy, Irish and Elvis! If you post in the right forum and give us specific questions, we will be more than happy to share what we know with you. For now, if you are clicker training, you should start with targeting because, once you get the bird to target all the time, it's easy to get them to perch anywhere you want them to.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Sissy B » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Thank you will be doing just that :-)
Sissy
Sissy B
Parrotlet

Types of Birds Owned: Umbrella cockatoo 2 yrs old and a blue fronted Amazon (rescued) who is 32 yrs old

Postby Bird woman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 am

Hi and welcome sissy, irish and Elvis ! Did Elvis come from California ? I was in contact with a woman from Northern California that was rehoming an umbrella named Elvis that was her kids that went off to school. Hope it's him , I just didn't have room and already to many fids. I hope it is , sounds like you are going to be a wonderful mom. :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Sissy B » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:56 am

Bird woman no Elvis is not the one you are hoping it was. I live in Northern New York and got him from a wonderful lady in the Poconos. Will be posting questions in other areas because this little man of mine is stubborn and does not seem to want to learn and chases husband and daughter. Also thank you so much for the warm welcome. Sissy
Sissy
Sissy B
Parrotlet

Return to Introductions