Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Tennessee USA sun coure help!

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Tennessee USA sun coure help!

Postby Bird woman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:50 pm

Are we all good :D
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:07 pm

Flakey beak, first make sure plenty of veggies and fruit and I know your taking care of that and maybe a cuddle bone next time you go shopping and hung on the side of cage. In the pm message I told you about natural wood perches and only out of bird safe wood , the right size for your birdies feet. Different sizes available for your bird is best so feet don't get sore from standing on the same parts of there little toes and feet all the time. You know how wild birds are always landing on different size branches well it's the same for parrots so they don't have foot problems. It is common for some species beaks to get a little flakey during molt and I don't think there's anything for you to worry about. If your bird can get about a 3/4 wrap around its perch that's a great place to start with figuring how big around the perch should be. A natural uneven one can be obtained at a good pet store. You will see your BIRD wiping his beak back and forth on the wood perches and the cuddle bone and that should take care of beak . Oh don't forget about the wood toys. :D
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Bird woman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:40 pm

I want you to re-read the posts explaining new birds ,hormones,light schedules and food and bonding. You need to keep studying and be patient. My little Alyha is very bonded to me and I get a good nip now and again from not paying attention. Mostly when I block her from bouncing off the big birds heads or make her mad not giving her something she wants. Be patient and read.BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Previous

Return to Introductions