Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Greetings

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Greetings

Postby DrA » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Hello Fellow Avian Enthusiasts! :) I am Dr. A and current have a flock of 5 birds. 2 Cockatoos, 1 Molluccan (hybrid), 2 cockatiels. I live in Phoenix Arizona for part of the year and Paola Ks the other half of the year. My birds are mostly rescues and a big part of my life. I look forward to sharing stories and solutions! Sincerely Dr. A
DrA
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Umbrella - male
Umbrella - female
Mobrella - female
Cockateil - female
Cockateil - female
Flight: No

Re: Greetings

Postby Harpmaker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Welcome to the forum DrA and flock! We love to share stories. What are your birds names?
Harpmaker
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Meyer's Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:27 pm

Welcome this is bird woman , how do you manage 1/2 and 1/2 living with the too's ? This I am very curious about since I've recently retired and thinking about a vacation house in Arizona or the coast. How do you handle transporting the birds if you take them with you? Change in home ,climate change etc etc etc. would love to talk about this very eager , BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby liz » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:41 am

Welcome
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby DrA » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:54 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Lola is my Moluccan (hybrid), she is 7 years old and a rescue. She is bonded entirely to me and does not like men or other birds, so needless to say I have to keep her separated from the rest of the flock. Benny is my male umbrella, also a rescue. He is the love of my life and we take him to events where he can be around children, which he loves. We did get him listed as a service animal. Tequila is my female umbrella, she is 13 and the newest addition to our family. I did purchase her from a family that had allergies to dander. It was worth every penny and she is just as sweet as Benny. We are working on socializing her. My two little birds are tiki and buttercup. I rescued them when their owner was about to set them free in the desert. Can you imagine. Ugh.

All of my birds travel without problem.. We keep the little ones and the moluccan in cages when we travel. Although if it is just me and lola she rides in the car just fine without a cage. Benny and Tequila, the umbrellas have a perch on the middle seat and simply sit on the perch when we travel. I have been quite lucky.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. Dr. A
DrA
Parakeet

Umbrella - female
Mobrella - female
Cockateil - female
Cockateil - female

Postby DrA » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:59 am

Bird woman wrote:Welcome this is bird woman , how do you manage 1/2 and 1/2 living with the too's ? This I am very curious about since I've recently retired and thinking about a vacation house in Arizona or the coast. How do you handle transporting the birds if you take them with you? Change in home ,climate change etc etc etc. would love to talk about this very eager , BW

Hi Bird Woman! We start socializing and traveling with our birds as soon as they come into our home. For example, yesterday we took Tequila to a couple of garage sales and then a trip to the local family dollar store. She was a little nervous, but really did well. We do this on a daily basis to get them used to riding in the car and then being around other people. For Lola, my moluccan, I make sure her cage is where she can see me. She does quite well and when it is just she and I, I set her on my shoulder. She is very comfortable with this arrangement. I tried it once with my husband in the car and she bit his ear. oops. Lesson learned. LOL! Dr. A
DrA
Parakeet

Umbrella - female
Mobrella - female
Cockateil - female
Cockateil - female

Postby Pajarita » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Welcome to the forum, Dr. A, Lola, Benny, Tequila, Tiki and Buttercup!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Introductions