Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Curious

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Curious

Postby Bird woman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:47 pm

Watching videos is always the best or the cutest of the birds and situations. I'll make you a deal if you pm me with your e-mail and bear with my crappy computer skills I will take short videos of the too's in action and the greys and not sugar coat anything and send them to you and you can see for yourself. BW My too's bath as much as they ask for several weekly , one of the hens has her own bathroom :lol: No really , :roll: nobody allowed but me! Hey I just looked and there seems to be quite a few rescues in Pennsylvania.
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby Kagro3 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:41 pm

I'm located in Northeast Pa. There is some? I tried googling. I will look again. I did see one from PA before but it wasn't updated since August of 2015. Please do send me videos :) I look forward to watching them. Thank you and thank you I didn't even think when I posted my email.
Last edited by Kagro3 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kagro3
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Moluccan Cockatoo

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:51 pm

I would remove your email off the public forum as you could get allsorts of weird emails from anybody.
If you hit the pm button underneath the persons name you want to contact only they wil get your details.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby Bird woman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:12 pm

I guess I should have explained what I ment by pm me :shock: sorry. Haven't received any pm from you yet , I wasn't on site when you posted it so I didn't get to it before removed. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Georges mom » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. I rescued a old yellow napped Amazon who they said was 60 yrs old but the vet thinks more about 30-35 yrs old. Knew absolutely nothing about parrots but everyone here helped me with everything. I've had him 1 year now and I can't begin to tell you how much life has changed. I have a poodle too who is quite attached to me but I have to say I think George ( parrot) is much more demanding. I'm just so amazed at his attachment to me and yes me to him. It's been such a great experience and one I did not expect. My house is quite active and George tolerates everyone but I have his heart. I can't give you specific bird advice for I'm only scratching the surface on learning but I can tell you that whatever you get, just spend a ton of time with them, keep them close to you at all times and make them a family member. I just love the heck out of my Georgie. It's really been great!! :amazon: ❤️
Georges mom
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Yellow naped amazon parrot
Flight: No

Postby Kagro3 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Georges mom wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum. I rescued a old yellow napped Amazon who they said was 60 yrs old but the vet thinks more about 30-35 yrs old. Knew absolutely nothing about parrots but everyone here helped me with everything. I've had him 1 year now and I can't begin to tell you how much life has changed. I have a poodle too who is quite attached to me but I have to say I think George ( parrot) is much more demanding. I'm just so amazed at his attachment to me and yes me to him. It's been such a great experience and one I did not expect. My house is quite active and George tolerates everyone but I have his heart. I can't give you specific bird advice for I'm only scratching the surface on learning but I can tell you that whatever you get, just spend a ton of time with them, keep them close to you at all times and make them a family member. I just love the heck out of my Georgie. It's really been great!! :amazon: ❤️

George's mom,
Thank you! I really hope to have the heart of whichever bird I get because I will be giving it my heart/ time and will be the one taking care of it. Amazons are beautiful birds :)
Kagro3
Parrotlet

Postby Bird woman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:13 pm

I've been looking up places near n/e pa I guess that is the name of where you are. The site talks about burros I'm thinking New York stuff :shock: I'm lost, but if you type in parrot rescues in PA.a list of rescues should come up. I'm clear across from you in southern Oregon ( hippy, logger and farmer type ) :lol: :lol: sure hope you find one close so you can visit and explore all your options and different species and with any luck a bird in need will pick you. :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Postby Kagro3 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:58 pm

If anyone can help with finding a good rescue near me as I'm having trouble. I'm in Lackawanna county in Pennsylvania. Closest city to me is Scranton. It's about a half hour away. Thank you
Kagro3
Parrotlet

Postby liz » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:17 am

I have traveled out of state to rescue and even stayed overnight in a motel so the bird will accept me as it's defender. Even when they don't trust me they will still come to me as a defender when they need help. Wolf traveled from NC to NJ. I think he did a non stop turn around.

On www.rescueme.org I listed for all the connecting states. There were so many I really hurt to not be able to help them all.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Kagro3 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:51 am

liz wrote:I have traveled out of state to rescue and even stayed overnight in a motel so the bird will accept me as it's defender. Even when they don't trust me they will still come to me as a defender when they need help. Wolf traveled from NC to NJ. I think he did a non stop turn around.

On http://www.rescueme.org I listed for all the connecting states. There were so many I really hurt to not be able to help them all.

Thank you Liz. I just looked in my state and in 3 of the closest states to me . I will keep looking at rescueme to see if anything pops up. :) I have a question. When you went out of state to adopt a bird,did they do a house check or 2 of where they were going to live? I think almost all or all of the rescues I've looked require one or 2 be done beforehand and if it's out of state, I'm worried that they wouldn't travel just to check out my house so I could adopt. Or am I completed wrong?
Kagro3
Parrotlet

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions