Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Adopted by a Senegal but she does not like my husband

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Adopted by a Senegal but she does not like my husband

Postby Wolf » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:53 pm

I am sure that many women and far more men wish that hormonal effects could be changed by training, but alas it just is not so. It would make life easier for both of us if training could solve this type of thing. :lol: :lol:

This is meant in humor.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:49 am

NOTHING A LARGE CAGE AND A GOOD STURDY PAD LOCK WONT TAKE CARE OF! For both species :lol: Oh don't forget the Zanex and avi-calm. :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby liz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:56 am

I have always loved furies. I am only about 16 years into birds. How did I ever live without them. If you can hang on and make the changes that she needs your bird will be very different after the hormones lighten up.

Myrtle has not gotten hormonal but Rainbow has been in it for a good month already. I have found that scratching her head sort of distracts her from her problem.

My birdy babies are not caged. There has been many times that I had to step over her when my hands were full and I could not scratch her. The situation is disturbing for us but physically and emotional traumatic for them. Spend as much time as you can with her when she is not calling and distract her with scratches on her head when she wants you to help.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Bird woman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:34 am

Good morning Liz , when my grandson teaches me how to post videos I will put some on u-tube depicting a day in the life of my fids. I'm pretty sure it will make you grin from ear to ear. The birds are up and on a dead run or fly by 7:30 climbing up there chairs to the bar to eat there breakfast and yes just like kids some have to be put up to the table :lol: Then they usually all go play chase and destroy things in there play areas as there is something new and different placed there every night. Then they will seek out one of the areas that there's bird lights and bask for a while and then on the run again.They are only in there cages when they choose to be as there left open all day. They have 2 main areas totaling about 1800 sq. Ft to play and that doesn't count Lilly's bathroom or Nigel's and Riki's laundry room or alyha's, lumie or Maxie's bedroom. The rest of the house is off limits as I'm sure you can understand why. Along about 2:00 they settle in for a nap and maybe some videos, then we play with the spray bottles do some dancing and at 4:30 dinner in there cages, rest and watch the dusk then the dark and then the covers. In between as you can guess I'm the MERRY maid and lunch lady. :lol: It keeps me moving with my arthritis, no time to rest as I'm sure yours are quite demanding to. Have a great day , back to work. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Previous

Return to Introductions