Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Wolf

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Wolf

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:02 pm

I am away right now and can't get out before the end of the week. But if you haven't organized something by then or prefer to wait, I could probably fly down to NC and do it all in one day. What part of NJ?
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:35 pm

He posted a Harley and Marley update.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Bird woman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:32 am

That would probably take a lot of stress off wolfs lady and pajirta, there in Lansing NC. I should stay out of it now as there's nothing I can do from here so pajirta and Pam should pick it up from here. Thank you so much for your help. :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby liz » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:52 am

I don't know anything about Lansing. He told me where to meet him and I set my GPS then pushed Home to get back. He must have lived in the "boonies" and knew I would get lost. I do know that it is very busy there.

We all know how eloquently he posted. He was able to keep his cool when someone needed help in a hurry. (Paj and I just throw it out at you. Yankees don't flower their sentences like Southerners.)

I did not know what I expected when I was going to meet him. He was not what I expected. He was still soft spoken but he was really down to earth. He lived on a small income and did not use it for himself. He spent it all on his little beings that we call birds.

Sh.t if I am hurting this bad I really really feel sorry for Pam, his Lady.

I hope he knew just how important he was to me and us.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:12 am

Michael wrote:I am away right now and can't get out before the end of the week. But if you haven't organized something by then or prefer to wait, I could probably fly down to NC and do it all in one day. What part of NJ?

I'm in the Oranges, some people call it center NJ and some call it Northern NJ but, if you go get them, I can pick them up from your place if that would make it easier OR, if you want, you can come over and meet my birds. I would really appreciate it if you could fly down there and get them. I told Pam (Wolf's lady) to give me a few days to get my ducks in a row so there is no super rush.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby liz » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:42 am

How is she doing?
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:44 pm

She seems to be a pretty strong lady but she started crying on the phone when I broke down as she was telling me that she had been looking for me and that Wolf loved the forum so much - she said the forum was pretty much the only place where he could talk to people he considered friends on a daily basis after he got sick. I think she is still in shock because it was so very recently and everything happened so very fast... He was fine one day, dead the next and cremated the following one - and all this after getting their hopes up from the scan that showed his tumor was significantly smaller after the chemo/radiation treatment. He had lost so much weight and was trying hard to eat more so she was making all his favorites for him, chicken with dumplings and biscuits -he loved biscuits. She even found two of them on top of the computer after she got home the day he died and there were postings of his on the 16th, the same day he died, so he stayed on the forums until the very end. Oh, geez, that made me cry again...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:57 pm

I didn't really know Wolf but I did know he was a sweet man who really loved his flock and we did talk over PM a few times and I hate that he wont be on the forum anymore but I'm sure he is happy and at peace, Pajarita he did mention you once I don't remember all the details but I think I should still have the message but he did say you were a very good friend, If I find the full message ill send it.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby liz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:27 am

Yes, he thought the world of you Pajarita.

I have lived so long that I have lost many friends. It is going to be hard for me without him. He was the sanity in my life. I really miss him.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:19 am

Yes, I know he considered me one of his friends and I thought the world of him! I have had lots of friends over the years and still do but I don't remember having another one like him. I used to think that men and women could not be really friends but he proved me wrong. We were very similar in our beliefs and, although we did not agree all the time, we could talk openly about everything and get into the most fabulous arguments with neither of us ever getting mad at each other. I sent him articles to read and he would send me the ones he found... I was getting ready to send him deworming gel as well as a book (The Animal Mind) as a little surprise for him. He was very smart and articulate, had a wonderfully inquiring and open mind as well as a kindness and patience I wish I had. He was one of the few people on this earth whose opinion I valued very highly. And he had the most extraordinary soul and will be sorely missed.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions