Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Wolf

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Wolf

Postby Bird woman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:06 pm

I always feel the need to keep this thread close to the top to honor Bruce { wolf } makes me feel like a part of him is still with us. Hope all is well Pam , call if you need anything . BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:19 am

That gentile man lived his life for these birdies and the humans caring for them. He will always be with us.

I think I read that he had a post in his computer that he was working on the day he died.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Navre » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Wolf wrote:
Navre wrote:I know I shouldn't get sad when a bird leaves the rescue. As much as people there love them, they really deserve a home. I just miss some of them when they're gone. Charlie not being there will leave a hole.

I don't know why you say this. I am always a little sad when a friend of mine goes away. It doesn't matter how long we have know each other or that the move is beneficial to my friend it still leaves an empty spot for a time. This is normal.

Wolf made this post August 30, 2015

Wise words from Wolf, and exactly how I feel now that he is gone.
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby liz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:37 am

Pajarita, I feel the same way about Wolf. I felt bonded to him too.

The above post is so real. I feel empty. This forum is a large part of my world and he was a very valued friend.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

Postby Pajarita » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:42 am

I think that we started bonding with him over our shared love for birds, Liz, but, as we got to know him better, we realized that there was so much more to him than that. And, yes, his passing does leave a hole in our lives but, personally, I am very grateful to have known him. He enriched my life immensely and I will always have this gift from him.

Michael is planning on flying down to NC on Saturday, April 1st to pick up his little ones and bring them to me. I left a message in Pam's phone about this and I am awaiting confirmation - I will keep you informed.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Pajarita » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:49 am

I talked to Pam last night and asked her to come and look at this thread so she can see how much we all loved him. I worry about her... They had been together for almost 30 years and I think the whole thing is beginning to sink in only now. Her brother and his wife have been coming to visit and are coming back this weekend so that's something. She also told me she had been born in NJ and that she still has family here so I invited her to come over and visit with me when and if she comes up to see her relatives but she has the same problem I do: too many animals to take care of so going anywhere for a couple of days is VERY difficult.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby PamNorris » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:20 am

Thank you everyone for all your kind words. I miss him VERY MUCH. He loved this forum and enjoyed talking with ALL OF YOU, ( yes, even if he disagreed) He was very much the kind soul that you all knew. I never knew anyone like him either. Thank you for being his friends. Maybe after I pull myself together I can receive some help if I have questions about Mimi, Kiki and Cuckaloo ( he always spelled it differently).
PamNorris
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Postby Bird woman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:01 am

Good morning Pam , happy to see you've had time to read how we all feel about wolf. We would love for you to continue with us , after all family is important even the bird family :D anything we can help with just ask we are all thinking about you . Take care of yourself , telling you things will get better in time seems like such an old cliche but so very true. Your friend BW {Patti }
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:24 am

We are here for whatever you might need, Pam. And you have my phone number and can call me whenever you need somebody to talk to.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby liz » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:17 am

Pam, Wolf gave you all the credit for Mimi. Now that he is gone I am so grateful that she bonded to you.
liz
Macaw

BF Amazon Myrtle

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions