Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

new bird

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

new bird

Postby felicity » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:32 am

Hello everyone, I have just purchased a three month old crimson-bellied conure, I have yet to bring her home. So far I have got her a few toys and a spare cage to keep her in at night. Really wanting to learn all there is to know on training and looking after conures. Can't wait to chat with you all. :redbelly:
felicity
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Crimson bellied Conure, budge and zebra finch
Flight: No

Re: new bird

Postby Bird woman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am

Welcome felicity and new baby , you can find a lot of good info here and ask lots of questions and someone is always around to try and help. :D BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Re: new bird

Postby Pajarita » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:35 am

Welcome to the forum, Felicity! You must be so excited... Do you know the gender? Have you chosen a name for it? When is the baby coming home?

I hope we can be of help and, to start you off on advice, I recommend you get the same handfeeding formula the breeder has been using and some syringes because they usually revert to needing handfeeding once they are moved to a new home (the unfamiliar place and people make them insecure and the handfeeding reassures them PLUS it's the best bonding tool ever!). I would also recommend you get ingredients for soft food because all juveniles benefit from it.

We will be eagerly waiting for pictures!!!!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions