Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Peatree's Family

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Peatree's Family

Postby peatree » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 pm

:sun: Hello all..

I'm Lena. I signed up here to check out what to do if my bird gets rat glue on him, (which happened). We are a family here but my mom has a habit of not watching him when she lets him out of his cage and he got a hold of the rat glue by accident. We washed him off but now he seems to be sleeping way more than usual and like he's in a panic when he's awake. I won't go into anymore details but this is what caused me to sign up here.

Anyways, nice to meet all of you bird lovers. <3 I look forward to reading the forum.
peatree
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: peachfaced lovebird
Flight: No

Re: Peatree's Family

Postby Bird woman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Nice to meet you. A visit to the vet is most important as it seems like there was glue injested. I would make the appointment asap . Even when the bird is preening more could be injested. The vet can help if you get there right away. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Re: Peatree's Family

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Welcome to the forum and I second BW's advice 100% wholeheartedly! Rat poison works by preventing blood from coagulating so they don't drop dead, it takes them days and days to die while their internal organs slowly dissolve in their bodies (it's a terribly painful and very long agony) so, please, please, please, take him to a vet asap so they can do bloodwork and see if the blood is normal. If he did not ingest too much, they can counteract the poison with vit K1 but it needs to be administered intravenously.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions