Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Finding a good home

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Finding a good home

Postby Bird woman » Tue May 30, 2017 7:38 am

All for the love of parrots , I've come across a pretty unique situation and am going to do everything in my power to bring a beloved bird back to its original home. A woman contacted me about a little LSC that was acting out like my Nigel does and they have had him for several months. The husband purchased Houdini from an add on Craig's list from an unbeknownst bird flipper close to my area. The poor baby is full of distrust and aggression and they were not smart enough to meet several times with the bird to see if he had issues. Long story short it was another meet in a public place pass the bird off and go. This woman is pretty distraught about this as this new bird is not the loving or socialized bird she lost and is pretty unpredictable as most are in the beginning unless you have the patients to turn it around. She had a little LSC GROWING UP THROUGH LIFE THAT PASSED at the age of 35 and has waited 5 yrs. to find a new one to fill the whole in her heart. I found an add on Craig's list last week from the Seattle area posted LOOKING FOR HOUDINI ! These people were looking for him after being separated for 8 yrs. from him. There situation had changed divorce , move , etc and now the daughter is looking for the bird she was raised with as they had him for 16 years. How cool is that. This bird has been passed around over 6 times and deserves to go home so I'm working with both party's to bring this reunion together and find a bird that is compatible with the paronts that have Houdini now then I can send Houdini home , after I check both situations out throughly of course. How cool is this ! :thumbsup: BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Tue May 30, 2017 9:16 am

AWWWWW - How wonderful for Houdini!!!! I hope everything goes well but, please, do warn the 'old' owners that they will not get the same bird they gave up, that they will need to put work into it and give him time because once they lose the trust in humans, it's not easy for them to get it back even if they go back to a loving home they already know from the past.

It's terrible what we do to them... all this passing from one hand to another. We have become the ultimate 'consumer' society and we even do it to animals all the time now!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Wed May 31, 2017 10:03 pm

Dammmmm, jazzie my little leaky but umbrella coped an attitude with me today and grabbed my arm. Well the honeymoon must be over now as he has laid claim to my shoes, TV changer my bed and anything I'm stupid enough to leave laying around the bedroom. :shock: :roll: and then he went after my leg when I scolded him and told him he was bad. Just what I need another too with a tude !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: BW Well he thinks it hurt but really it didn't. ;) Nigel is half his size and bites 10 times harder. LOL
Bird woman
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:49 am

I think it's the season. Linus has been on a tear himself, running me out of the birdroom, going after my feet, etc. I forgot the broom in there yesterday and, when I went to feed them dinner, found the 'dismembered corpse' of it laying on the floor :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:34 am

Great news ! Pearl went into surgery yesterday and was given the full make over and came through it with flying colors. Toe amputation , removal of impacted feathers , nose flush 1 sinus was completely plugged and while she was under they drew blood for all nessesary tests. I told them to do it that way because I felt like she had to much pain in her life already and I didn't want her experienceing anymore pain and discomfort. She went right for the food when she woke up and although I've only had her for a little over a week she absolutely squealed with delight when I came for her. Bless her little heart , she probably thought she was being ditched out again. Now she's going to have a fighting chance at a healthy happy life. They sent the toe off to pathology as there's a suspicion of bone infection which they immediately started treatment for. 1 down 3 more little lives to fix , then I can start on there PTSD ISSUES FROM ALL THE YEARS OF ABUSE AND NEGLECT. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Previous

Return to Introductions