Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

African grey adoption or purchase

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: African grey adoption or purchase

Postby spyro1952 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:31 pm

I found a very reputable breeder near me thru birdbreeeders.com. Just got my Tinmeh grey :gray:
Marcia, Gracie's mom!!
spyro1952
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Female Timneh African Grey
Flight: No

Postby Pajarita » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:19 am

Congrats on your new baby, Spyro!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:34 am

Excellent. I love the TAGs
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby seagoatdeb » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:35 pm

I agree with Michael that baby birds dont feel love, its mostly needs. But parrots hit a point where they do learn to love. Gaugan loves me so much everyone can see it. I remember the day Sunny fell in love with me.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:37 am

Well, I don't agree. I think that baby birds, same as all babies, do feel love. It might not be the same kind of love that they feel when they grow up and it might very well be driven by needs but there is a feeling of love -or attachment or bond or whatever you want to call it- for their mother or whoever has the parental role and anybody who has had children, raised a puppy, a kitten or any other infant animal can easily see it in the physical reaction to the parent's presence and their actions. Let's not forget that most of what we call 'love' is, in reality, a hormonal reaction.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby seagoatdeb » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Pajarita wrote:Well, I don't agree. I think that baby birds, same as all babies, do feel love. It might not be the same kind of love that they feel when they grow up and it might very well be driven by needs but there is a feeling of love -or attachment or bond or whatever you want to call it- for their mother or whoever has the parental role and anybody who has had children, raised a puppy, a kitten or any other infant animal can easily see it in the physical reaction to the parent's presence and their actions. Let's not forget that most of what we call 'love' is, in reality, a hormonal reaction.

We all have different definitions of love thats for sure....lol, but baby parrots are dependent so love who takes care and helps them so it is a dependent kind of love. A deeper love comes with learning to trust, establishing a good relationship and other factors. i dont think we really disagree it just we look at it a bit different.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Previous

Return to Introductions