Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Hello all. First large bird. Need some advice please

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Re: Hello all. First large bird. Need some advice please

Postby Bird woman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Welcome mo-billy , I am bird woman {Patti } I run a sanctuary / refuge for cockatoos and will be happy to help in any way as I've probably dealt with and seen it all with too's. Pajirta did a great job explaining lights and too basics and I will be happy to help with the what ifs and difficult solutions as I've had to get really creative with some , tricky , crafty and sneaky with others . The first thing I would recommend is a complete physical and blood work on your bird to make sure all is well in that department. And to let you know too's love routines they can count on dance time , play time , cuddle time at the same times . Things they can count on and it's very nessesary to teach them how to constructively occupy themselves . Let me know where I can help BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Re: Hello all. First large bird. Need some advice please

Postby liz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:39 pm

I searched for Myrtle to be a companion to Rainbow. You cannot choose a friend for another being. Rainbow was able to share what she had but Myrtle thought everything belonged to her. Rainbow gets less attention than before Myrtle but she is a good girl and shares me.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Introductions