Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Wisconsinite Checking In

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

Wisconsinite Checking In

Postby Suburban Gal » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:22 pm

My name is Elizabeth, but my closest friends tend to call me Liz.

I currently reside in SE WI.

I share my home with 2 cockatiels, Riley, a pied tiel, and Bailey, a pearl tiel. Riley's going to turn 9 on the 25th of the month and Bailey turns 7 on the 4th of March, exactly 1 week after Riley celebrates his hatch day.

Riley came to me via the now defunct Petfinder Classifieds (his owners, professional photographers, re-homed him because they found him to be too noisy) and Bailey is from a local breeder.

In addition to the cockatiels, I have 2 dogs: a 5½-year-old white and black Phalène (drop-eared Papillon) named Dane and an 11-year-old white and red sable Papillon named Leia (Lay-ah). Both are rescues. Dane was adopted from PapAdopters (he's actually a foster failure) and Leia was adopted from PapHaven.
Suburban Gal
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: cockatiels
Flight: Yes

Re: Wisconsinite Checking In

Postby Navre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:01 am

Welcome to the forums. I think Petfinder is still active. I have 42 birds listed for adoption there right now.
Navre
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:38 am

Welcome to the forum, Liz, Riley, Bailey, Dane and Leia (she must be a true princess, with that name :D ].

John, she is talking about the 'classifieds' where individuals could post the animals they wanted to give up. The Petfinder we have nowadays lists only animals in rescues although, sometimes, these rescues would do what it's called a 'courtesy posting' where they post an animal that doesn't belong to them but it's still in the owner's home.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:58 am

Pajarita wrote:Welcome to the forum, Liz, Riley, Bailey, Dane and Leia (she must be a true princess, with that name :D ].

John, she is talking about the 'classifieds' where individuals could post the animals they wanted to give up. The Petfinder we have nowadays lists only animals in rescues although, sometimes, these rescues would do what it's called a 'courtesy posting' where they post an animal that doesn't belong to them but it's still in the owner's home.

Ah, okay. I've seen those courtesy postings.
Navre
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Return to Introductions