Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

New Amazon owner

New to the parrot forum? Introduce yourself and your flock to us.

New Amazon owner

Postby luettgs » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Hello, I am a Wisconsinite with a new Blue-fronted Amazon named Disney. My father had her for 13 years and is unable to care for her so she is mine! She is my only pet since I am allergic to about anything with fur. We are slowly getting to know each other. She is normally very sweet but has quite a bite when agitated!
luettgs
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue-fronted Amazon
Flight: No

Re: New Amazon owner

Postby liz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:28 am

Biting is her only defence and her only way to tell you that she is not pleased.

Do not do anything that will cause her to bite you. Respect her and her space.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Re: New Amazon owner

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 am

Welcome to the forum, Lue and BFA! Yes, zons do have a powerful bite - no doubt about that and I have the scars to prove it! :lol: But hens tend to be super sweet -which doesn't mean that they won't give you a good one if you deserve it [in their eyes, of course!]. The trick with them is to keep them from getting overly hormonal through a strict solar schedule and a low protein diet so, if you tell us a bit about her days and her diet, we might be able to help you with this.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Introductions